Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Replacment LEDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have specs on led replacements my understanding there rated by size 0603 0805 1206 SMD . Dose anyone know the correct spec ? Thanks for anyones reply s.

SB5100 , SB5101 , SB5120
it shouldn't really matter, the regular standard LED will work
Try measuring them maybe? The sizes 0603 and 0805 are in 100ths of an inch. The size 0603 means that its 6/100 inches by 3/100 inches. So just try measuring the LEDs you have and matching the sizes up.
(16-03-2009, 07:18 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]it shouldn't really matter, the regular standard LED will work

Thats a given but if they go out there must be a way to replace them. Iv seen some people add normal Leds but there has to be a close to factory spec.
for me, I changed the sync (online) LED to other color so that I can find out the status quickly.

I did not measure the size, just welding on and it lights.

If you would like the LED to have longer life; just adjust the resistor and measure the Ampère lower than 30mA(for most ø3mm and ø5mm LEDs) is fine. lower Ampère ; longer the life of your replaced LED.
Did the resistor effect how bright the led was ? Did you just add any led to the board or the factory type also is there a (+ & -) on the led . Thanks for any advice.

quote='cushion' pid='595' dateline='1237436689']
for me, I changed the sync (online) LED to other color so that I can find out the status quickly.

If you would like the LED to have longer life; just adjust the resistor and measure the Ampère lower than 30mA(for most ø3mm and ø5mm LEDs) is fine. lower Ampère ; longer the life of your replaced LED.
[/quote]
Do you have a multimeter?
[Image: fluke289.jpg]

use the diode mode to know the +/- (pls also ref http://www.sciencelobby.com/components/diode.html )

For the +/- onboard, see here:
[Image: ng4pyb.jpg]

Rgds,

(21-03-2009, 07:57 PM)0n3.m4n.4rmy Wrote: [ -> ]Did the resistor effect how bright the led was ? Did you just add any led to the board or the factory type also is there a (+ & -) on the led . Thanks for any advice.

quote='cushion' pid='595' dateline='1237436689']

[/quote]