Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Getting Certs from Subbed modem quickly and without opening it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My cousin has a Comcast modem that goes super fast and I would really like to be able to get the certs from it since he is on a different node. The only problem is, I am unable to convince him to let me open it to get them. How would I be able to get them from him, and preferably quickly, without opening the modem? I know there is some way with SNMP, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it with a modem. My modem is an SB5101 and I'm pretty sure his is too.
if his is a 5101 you gotta open it
Oh, well I'll check next time I go there. But does a 5100 work without opening it?
yes ip full can dump the certs
(27-11-2011, 02:24 AM)chris305 Wrote: [ -> ]My cousin has a Comcast modem that goes super fast and I would really like to be able to get the certs from it since he is on a different node. The only problem is, I am unable to convince him to let me open it to get them. How would I be able to get them from him, and preferably quickly, without opening the modem? I know there is some way with SNMP, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it with a modem. My modem is an SB5101 and I'm pretty sure his is too.

lol just swap modems with him with out him noing...lolol
Usually, how to check if they are on different nodes?
how far is your house to his house? you could try to go by the city, or the distance from your house to his house. about 3-5 miles.
Thanks.
3-5 miles will result in different. Closer than I thought.
Can we verify it by something? Such as part of IP, How?

(01-12-2011, 09:55 PM)dienasty Wrote: [ -> ]how far is your house to his house? you could try to go by the city, or the distance from your house to his house. about 3-5 miles.

should be easy but i have no idea for comcast your address is c-xx-xx-xx-xxx.hsd1.ga.comcast.net (the xx is your ip)
so i guess hsd1 would change to hsd2 (i think)
what are the options for a DPC2100R2?
Pages: 1 2