Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Need some help please - SB5101 not recognized by JTAG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a SB5101 that I think is bricked and I can not get my serial JTAG to recognize it.

When I plug the power in all lights come on for like 2/3 seconds and then turn off. When I click the detect in the JTAG console it return the following:

Read IDCODE: 0x80000000
Manufacture: 0x000
Part: 0x0000
Version: 0x8

Any suggestions/tricks or is this one toast? Thanks!
click detect as soon as you power on the modem as the bootloader seems to be crashing (timing is critical)
Hi Drew, I tried to hit detect while the lights are on the all on but still no go. I still get the same results (can not recognize modem). Anything else I can try? Thank you.

(11-12-2011, 06:51 PM)drewmerc Wrote: [ -> ]click detect as soon as you power on the modem as the bootloader seems to be crashing (timing is critical)

you want to hit detect as the lights come on but there is always trying a hard reset

http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-3...ml#pid1905
(11-12-2011, 10:09 PM)ricepowerm3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Drew, I tried to hit detect while the lights are on the all on but still no go. I still get the same results (can not recognize modem). Anything else I can try? Thank you.

You may want to try parallel jtag, as it has never failed.
Where's the 48 PIN TSOP? I can find the 3.3v (great picture) but unsure where the TSOP is.

I've read that connecting 3.3v to the JTAG pins might also reset the SB5101 but I can't find any images of the procedure as to which JTAG pins to touch.

I am using a parallel JTAG and not serial as I've originally indicated. Thanks.

(11-12-2011, 10:45 PM)Mordeth Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2011, 10:09 PM)ricepowerm3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Drew, I tried to hit detect while the lights are on the all on but still no go. I still get the same results (can not recognize modem). Anything else I can try? Thank you.

You may want to try parallel jtag, as it has never failed.

(12-12-2011, 04:23 AM)ricepowerm3 Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the 48 PIN TSOP?
[Image: rsxugy.jpg]
Right above the LED indicators. Have you check the soldered jtag pin joints with a multimeter?