Haxorware Forums

Full Version: SB5100 Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm new to this fun so I have a few questions. I got a SB5100.

1. Is SB5100 still good for Mod to work w/ TWC? Since I see many discuss about sb5101 with Hax fw.

2. If yes, what do I need to do? what FW, utils, etc...

3. Can the Original FW from the modem be backed up W/O open it. Like using ether port or usb port from the back of the modem.

Thanks for your help!

FF
(15-12-2011, 11:23 AM)forfun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

I'm new to this fun so I have a few questions. I got a SB5100.

1. Is SB5100 still good for Mod to work w/ TWC? Since I see many discuss about sb5101 with Hax fw.

we discuss haxorware mostly because this is haxorware.com any discussions of 5100's is just for fun to pass some time (there was a time when we did not but i get bored)

(15-12-2011, 11:23 AM)forfun Wrote: [ -> ]2. If yes, what do I need to do? what FW, utils, etc...
5100mod is the firmware, tools utils are more or less the same as haxor

(15-12-2011, 11:23 AM)forfun Wrote: [ -> ]3. Can the Original FW from the modem be backed up W/O open it. Like using ether port or usb port from the back of the modem.
no
sb5100 sucks DONT buy it throw it in the trash and buy the sb5101 way better for all firmwares haxorware is the best firmware out there...
i have a SB5100 and its been up and running with no problems for 2 years :>)
ps i am new to this and just got a new one for my other place and well having nothing but problems