Haxorware Forums

Full Version: restore sb5100 or buy a new one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would appreciate advice on what to do as far as my SB5100 with haxoware installed .
I used to be able to test with it about 2 years ago without any problems. I moved to an apt that did not have cable service and I used DSL. I will be moving again to a place that does have cable (CC). I do not have my backup bin of the SB5100, I misplaced it. Will that be a problem with getting it subbed by CC ? Can I restore the SB5100 back to original without the backup. Or should I just buy another modem SB6120 or another SB5100.
I will get the basic package as I don't need higher speeds at the moment.I tried a lot of searches and could not find the answer to this question. Could someone give me a short answer what should I do ?
thanks in advance. redwolf
(17-01-2012, 12:32 AM)redwolf Wrote: [ -> ]Would appreciate advice on what to do as far as my SB5100 with haxoware installed .
I used to be able to test with it about 2 years ago without any problems. I moved to an apt that did not have cable service and I used DSL. I will be moving again to a place that does have cable (CC). I do not have my backup bin of the SB5100, I misplaced it. Will that be a problem with getting it subbed by CC ? Can I restore the SB5100 back to original without the backup. Or should I just buy another modem SB6120 or another SB5100.
I will get the basic package as I don't need higher speeds at the moment.I tried a lot of searches and could not find the answer to this question. Could someone give me a short answer what should I do ?

there is no haxorware on 5100
you'd need a backup of some sort to get it subbed
(17-01-2012, 12:35 AM)drewmerc Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-01-2012, 12:32 AM)redwolf Wrote: [ -> ]Would appreciate advice on what to do as far as my SB5100 with haxoware installed .

there is no haxorware on 5100
you'd need a backup of some sort to get it subbed

My mistake I meant to type SB5101 with 11rev39 . please forgive my mistake.
Should I untick the disable firmware updates and change the modem spoof to a lower number will that restore my original cert and MAC ?

I really would not want to use blackcat if I don't have too .

(17-01-2012, 04:09 AM)redwolf Wrote: [ -> ]My mistake I meant to type SB5101 with 11rev39 . please forgive my mistake.
Should I untick the disable firmware updates and change the modem spoof to a lower number will that restore my original cert and MAC ?

no it will not restore the cert or mac, lol (mybad but that was funny)

spoofing some old ass firmware will not accomplish anything at all.
you need the original bin....

learn what the terms "spoof" mean and what "spoof strings" do...
Alright !

Thanks for the advice all ! Time to put this modem on the shelve and get legal. Hope to test in the future.

redwolf

(17-01-2012, 05:30 AM)ABMJR Wrote: [ -> ]you need the original bin....

learn what the terms "spoof" mean and what "spoof strings" do...

check first in 192.168.100.1
file manager if you have a backup then you can restore it and get back the original cert.