Haxorware Forums

Full Version: questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a RCA DCM425 modem, and I have some questions about flashing the firmware.
Would this serial to usb cable work? (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6812107108)
After flashing the modem with haxorware, will I able to use a custom DOCSIS config?
Search Results
We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item you are looking for has been deactivated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most US/Canada ISP's have disabled forcing a config by the user. There are some tricks to doing a few things, but they are no longer posted.

I doubt you will be able to even get your modem operational with a Public IP as most security implemented has stopped modded modems from "stealing Service".

Good Luck!
I am paying service with them, is it possible to change your config file then?
Why not try, but , unless their so behind the times, I doubt it, as forcing a config was a flaw in the early days of DOCSIS 1.0/1.1 Most have migrated to DOCSIS 2.0 and 3.0 and this "flaw" has been fixed.

So, No, I doubt you can force a config
Is there really any point in flashing the firmware on a modem anymore?
if your looking for a hobby yes there is every reason to flash a modem
if your looking to flash and forget then no, don't bother