Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Does fastcert work or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, after doing a search for fastcert threads on this site, I'm still left with my question. Does this program work to get certs anymore or not? Some say yes, some say no, you say why, and I say I don't knooooow. You say goodbye & I say Hello (ok a little bit of a beatles song there Smile) but what is it?

I'm trying it just for the hell of it, dont really know what to expect but not even sure if Im scanning the correct range. Let's say my sub ip address starts with a 75.67.12.34 what range would I scan in? 75.0.0.0 to 75.255.255.255 or is that overkill? I've heard some say you need the private string to scan, others say you dont need it. Is it a Tomato or a Tomahto.
I doubt it works on any ISP that has 1/2 a brain about security...

18 months ago, yes..But you need the private string and the co-signed CVC from the ISP...

What works and how isnt posted anymore..
Am I the only one who noticed that Jr actually posted where you will find these two things at SBH? I swear I have learned more from deciphering his posts than from anywhere else. It's comical.
I read his post about 10 times.. Im not seeing any hints there.
(28-03-2012, 11:14 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who noticed that Jr actually posted where you will find these two things at SBH? I swear I have learned more from deciphering his posts than from anywhere else. It's comical.

and that is why i love his posts and the reason i like him here, he does not make it easy but if he did what would be the point and were would the fun be

i'd bet a monkey that if you read all his post's by the time you finish you could pawn any ctms on the planet (ok some of the posts would be like watching doctor who, shit does not always happen in the right order but by the end you'd understand it)

(29-03-2012, 12:15 AM)modembricker Wrote: [ -> ]I read his post about 10 times.. Im not seeing any hints there.

you need to workout how to get the cvc and private string both of which are documented
Well I've been reading his posts since I started and I STILL find new info in them. It's like finding the hidden objects in a picture. It is really the only way to put out useful info in this hobby now. As you learn more about how the modem works in a docsis network you will find that Jr's info and the pdf's point you in the right direction. He's not giving you the answer...just showing you where to look for it.

Brilliant. The answers are ALL PUBLICLY posted at Cisco.com. You just have to sift through a few thousand pages of the most godawful, boring,redundant,confusing information you've ever experienced. lol
Here's a hint...

Hex editor
i know of one area that fastcert is working right now, they pulled some certs from a new Motorola series with phone and all on it. they are close to you (if i am remembering correctly where you told me you lived) but i am not sure how close. that's not my state lol. maybe if they see this they will hit you up and help you with your settings. on the other hand you might be to far apart and have different security levels currently. good luck man just do like the "old timers" (lol) above said and keep reading.
Yeah I actually had a brain ache and did start to look at a cfg file with vultureware and I saw on SBH where one guy was asking which string to use, as there was 3, and I looked in the area I believe he was referring to with vultureware open but those characters seemed way to long to be any string I was familiar with, (with my old list of public strings) Like, longer than 10 or 11 characters, are string longer than that sometimes?
Goto SBH and read what jr postedabout co signed firmware..
yes they do in my area, fast certs downloads them then you have to convert them then load them onto your modem..plain and simple
Pages: 1 2