Haxorware Forums

Full Version: What do you use for 3.3 v?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am learning how to mod a docsis 3.0 modem, i already gotten usbjtagnt, lot of 1pin header wires, and the test clip.

Now i am missing the 3.3v

I am thinking of buying this board to be able to do the 3.3v
http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=p...uct_id=488

Or is there a better solution?

also does anyone know the pin layout to connect usbjtag to a testclip for arris 802g modem?

i just use the vcc wire of a cut usb cord (5v but it is within tolerances so no worrys)
[Image: usb_pin_inside_slice.png]
mainly because i am trying to do solider free wiring.

so i got a bunch of 1 pin wires that can connect to the spi clip and the usbjtag nt. also it should be able to connect to this breadbox.

now i need to figure out the 802g wiring diagram to know what to connect to what pins.
if you want to make the 5v from a usb cable into 3.3v then you can put two 1N4148 diodes together on the 5v to bring it down to 3.3v.
solutions for noobs, the rest of us probably have adjustable power supply:

1. use 3.3V from the PC PSU. (orange wire).
2. use cell phone battery they are usually 3.7V, drain it a little till about 3.3V.
3. open your DVD player, the chances are 99.999% it has 3.3V stabilizer and some internal circuit running on 3.3V. Run + and - wires and that's it.
4. drop 5V usb power with two diodes or some resistors, one in parallel and one in series.

hope that helps