Haxorware Forums

Full Version: SB5100MoD flashing over serial like haxorware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody tried this? Can it be done like in haxorware tutorial?
Also can be flash backed up over serial?

And another question.
Can FATSH (by rajkosto) firmware be flashed over SNMP Factory Mode and after that SB5100MoD firmware with bootblock flashed over TFTP? JTAGless and Serialless solution?

Thanks in advance.
snmp factory mode upgrade doesnt work... not even on 5100
and yes, if you have a noisy bootloader, you can flash 5100mod like haxorware
(07-05-2009, 05:11 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]yes, if you have a noisy bootloader, you can flash 5100mod like haxorware
If I use SIGMAX-BL_v2.6-LITE bootloader will the serial method work? And can I make backup of original firmware via serial cable?
no, thats the crappy bootloader

http://www.sbhacker.net/forum/Full-SB510...t8386.html is the good one
That noisy bootloader (also known as full SB5100 Bootloader with 1,2,P options) is byte to byte exact copy of motorola_2.bin from BlackCatCD 1.0 installation. And this is standard bootloader that comes on SB5100 with 2.* stock firmwares installed. My SB5100 has stock SB5100-2.3.1.3-SCM00-NOSH firmware so I do not need to flash that bootloader as I already have it. Is that right?
i dont know, but when i flash that i DEFINITELY have the 1,2,p option and boot menu when i press P

on my stock 5100, i had no bootloader serial output
(09-05-2009, 02:53 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]i dont know, but when i flash that i DEFINITELY have the 1,2,p option and boot menu when i press P

on my stock 5100, i had no bootloader serial output
You are right. No 1,2,p bootloader on stock SB5100. There is motorola_1.bin simple bootloader. So I flashed 1,2,p bootloader by simple blackcat and after that I have flashed sb5100mod via serial at sector 8.
sector 8 ?
wat ?
doesnt it ask you for firmware image number if the image that was tftp'd a valid firmware image ?
(10-05-2009, 07:13 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]sector 8 ?
wat ?
doesnt it ask you for firmware image number if the image that was tftp'd a valid firmware image ?
Yes, it asked how (where to put) to flash that image from TFTP server:
0 - bootloader
1,2 - CM firmware
3 - sector

First I choose 1 - CM firmware and got non booting modem.
After that I've flashed SB5100MoD.1.0.4.Beta.bin at sector 8 and everything was OK.

PS: I've flashed over serial, because my simple blackcat cable was working with errors. I've managed only to flash bootloader with it but not firmware. Backup file was also erroneous but non-vol part of backup was good. I've used JTAGUtility v1.3 because BlackCat was reading backup with more errors than JTAGUtility. JTAGUtility is more bad cable proof Smile
By the way my modem board is Rev.4 Apr-2003 Flash is Intel. Sectors 0-3 (8Kbyte size) are bootblock, sectors 4-7 (8Kbyte size) non-vol area, sectors 8-39 (64Kbyte size) are firmware, logs, etc.
yeah but you shouldnt use sector number, because what if some idiot who has AMD reads this and inputs 8, and gets brick
Pages: 1 2