Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Config files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does any one ever face this problem, no matter what config i used i get the same speed, always at 8MG why? the config file all comes from arris modem and am using a SB5101 with haxorware.
yes the speed is being set by the ctms and not by your modem (this is how it should be done so you have a half decent admin)
(25-07-2012, 05:00 PM)drewmerc Wrote: [ -> ]yes the speed is being set by the ctms and not by your modem (this is how it should be done so you have a half decent admin)

What about if i push the right string would it make any difference to gain more speed.
Most CMTS's that are deployed will offer a CAP at that specific CMTS. If your in some business class and pay more, then the Network ADMIN will actually log in to the back end of the CMTS and manually add your HFC MAC to a new config and most likely a new card that is used for "special" speeds. I have helped configure many CMTS's and we add a config file to do exactly this. stop end users from dfetermining their speed. years ago this was possible, but no longer. The CMTS now has the upper hand
(25-07-2012, 05:29 PM)ABMJR Wrote: [ -> ]Most CMTS's that are deployed will offer a CAP at that specific CMTS. If your in some business class and pay more, then the Network ADMIN will actually log in to the back end of the CMTS and manually add your HFC MAC to a new config and most likely a new card that is used for "special" speeds. I have helped configure many CMTS's and we add a config file to do exactly this. stop end users from dfetermining their speed. years ago this was possible, but no longer. The CMTS now has the upper hand

Maybe it is still possible because am in the Caribbean and not U.S.A so if you still have it let me know?
(25-07-2012, 05:53 PM)sixteen Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-07-2012, 05:29 PM)ABMJR Wrote: [ -> ]Most CMTS's that are deployed will offer a CAP at that specific CMTS. If your in some business class and pay more, then the Network ADMIN will actually log in to the back end of the CMTS and manually add your HFC MAC to a new config and most likely a new card that is used for "special" speeds. I have helped configure many CMTS's and we add a config file to do exactly this. stop end users from dfetermining their speed. years ago this was possible, but no longer. The CMTS now has the upper hand

Maybe it is still possible because am in the Caribbean and not U.S.A so if you still have it let me know?

nothing is impossible if its made by man, it can be done. May be not right now. Just continue testing. Knowledge is free.
(25-07-2012, 08:23 PM)Tropical Wrote: [ -> ]Knowledge Is Not Free If It Were College Would Be Free.

College is Free, hell they'd pay me to go (i'd struggle to live on £60($92) a week but still thats what i'd get from the local education authority)
Trop'...

This loser offers nothing. The guy lives in his Mom's basement . If he ever saw a naked woman, he would dial 911.

The Ultimate Loser.

Knowledge Is Not Free Moron. And How Fucken Fat Are You To Keep Saying Free Lunch Is Yummy, What Are You In The 2nd And Get Free Lunch At School Grow Up. Knowledge Is Not Free If It Were College Would Be Free.
[/quote]

Maybe for you not free. But If you are me, it is free. I am giving my knowledge to anyone for free. Not like You. You made a business out of it with the little knowledge you have.
(25-07-2012, 08:55 PM)Tropical Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-07-2012, 08:44 PM)ABMJR Wrote: [ -> ]Trop'...

This loser offers nothing. The guy lives in his Mom's basement . If he ever saw a naked woman, he would dial 911.

The Ultimate Loser.

Well You And Merc Have The Power To Eliminate Him Off This Forum.

Why would they? I have not done anything illegal? I am only sharing my knowledge. Don't hate the player hate the game.Tongue
Guys calm down you all should give thanks uk and usa is first would country, ppl fight to come to you guys country each day, some times you should ask your self what if things was the other way around where ppl of to live on $2 a week. I live in a third world country and nothing is free and because of that we have a high crime rate for a few ppl on a rock.
Pages: 1 2 3