Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Bricked Modem, Help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its a sad day when you brick a modem.... But yeah I guess I have to move on to a new one.. I am planning on getting a SB5101 because they are easy to flash and I already know how to do everything with it... The thing is, is that if I get a new modem from like lets say ebay. It's not going to have the pin headers... I have pin headers to install but I dont even know where to start to install them... So basically what i ask is how do I install pin headers to a sb5101. What do I need and stuff is it hard for someone who has never soldered before
it will be easy as long as you get the correct sb5101 version and not the u version or the n version
they require spi but thats not hard tho but if your wanting one with a pin header the when you go on ebay and look at the modem make sure it has no other letters after 5101

all you need is solder flux and the iron its super simple dip the bottom of the pin header in the flux put it in the board then put solder on iron and touch
each pin the flux will help to secure the connection and is highly recommended and to do this it would be one of the simplest things to do for a beginer
Or could somebody suggest some better modems to upgrade to that use the same methoad for flashing...

don't solder them in, i never do
Do I just like push them through the hole and glu or what?
(12-11-2012, 02:43 AM)Stoowyguy Wrote: [ -> ]Do I just like push them through the hole and glu or what?
Just used your hand, that is how i do it as well.

What is the Sb6120's methoad of being flashed to haxorware, is it the same thing as sb5101?
(12-11-2012, 02:58 AM)Stoowyguy Wrote: [ -> ]What is the Sb6120's methoad of being flashed to haxorware, is it the same thing as sb5101?

Sb6120 is SPI FLASH and no HAXOR will not work on it.