Haxorware Forums

Full Version: SB5101 How to put it online?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I have a paid service with TWC but they gave me a crappy Cisco 2100 which doesn't allow me to see the logs. And I'm having some trouble with my connection suddenly been droped. (but all lights keeps on). They said everything is fine on their end, even a tech has been here and swapped the modem for another one, still the same problem.

The problem happen when the Modem is connected to the wifi router (tried 3 already), when is connected directly to the PC, when is connected to the VoIP box. So it doesn't matter how is connected, it will drop the connection.

So I own a SB5101 with haxor rev39 which I used to use in Mexico. I want to try that modem for a few days to see what's happening when the outages happen, and make sure this SB5101 will work before returning the Cisco.
But I can't get it online swapping the Mac from the Cisco to the 5101, I got it operational but it doesn't assign ip it keeps "Unidentified Network"

The log is showing this.

Information I500.0 Registration Completed
Error E207.0 Configuration File CVC Validation Failure
Critical I001.0 REG-RSP - invalid format or not recognized
Critical I402.0 TLV-11 - Illegal Set operation failed
Information D507.0 Retrieved Time....... SUCCESS
Information D509.0 Retrieved TFTP Config ?BExV7g5EWClLXMRMPr3n@TD6956gjw0L15+6SaKMPEZOb2SQcMldX SUC
Information D511.0 Retrieved DHCP .......... SUCCESS
Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Information T500.0 Acquired Upstream .......... SUCCESS
Information T501.0 Acquired Downstream (561000000 Hz)........ SUCCESS
Notice M571.1 Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets

Any clue on how to do it here on TWC ??

Thanks in advance
MAC's are worthless...

The only way to make it work with TWC, isnt posted anymore...
The only way for you to do what you posted is to clone your sub and flash hax over it(the 5101, NOT your sub)and watch the logs during the handshake. The problem with this is that new D3 security makes Haxorware show up like Vegas at night. the CMTS can see hax plain as day and you might get the ax. The main problem is that you will need to clone a 2100r2 and you have a 5101. You absolutely, positively, MUST have the ISP signed firmware installed BEFORE you are issued a valid ip froim the dhcp pool. When you do that you can then try to flash hax over top and then see the boot log. Problem is...the 2100 is different hardware than the 5101 and, depending on what is or is not enabled on the cmts, you will need to properly show the cmts the same hardware. you have some level of sec as you are getting invalid cvc. the only way to know for sure is to test and see but you are using your sub which is tied to you. My suggestion to you would be to get another 2100r2 and flash it like i described and try it with a different nic mac or router mac(write down your current one and change it back when you put your sub back up!) and see if you can get operational with hax written over the signed firm.

If you are NOT comfortable with Hax and your testing skills then do NOT TRY THIS!!! I NEVER recommend that anyone EVER, EVER,EVER mess with their sub unless they know exactly what theyare doing. Current security on CC is hardcore and i never bother with hax anymore because it is so obvious to them, but you might be in a totally different security level. Your very best bet is to WAIT and get some advice from some testers in your area who are comfortable with T/W's security. Do NOT do what I just suggested if you are unsure about your skills...I would hate to steer you in the wrong direction.

It sounds to me that your node is just oversold. Too much demand for the network. That is really common down here. Just because the isp says it is great on their end means absolutely nothing. CC told me that my 6120 should work just fine with 1 bonded channel and a -17 db signal....lol. Unless you actually get an engineer on the phone you will get a stroke job from the underpaid, under trained CSR at your local isp office. That's a fact!
I'm loving it . Smack them CL scums out of biz.