Haxorware Forums

Full Version: What can I do with a SBG6580?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I bought a broken 6580 from the swapmeet, and sent it to Moto for a new replacement, but now that I got the replacement Im wondering wtf I can do with it? I can't load Force right?
No forcWare for it since it is a Broadcom chipset.

There are quite a few useful documented SNMP OIDs you can use - all depends really on what you are looking to achieve with it for your ISP.
(30-05-2015, 05:59 PM)modembricker Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a broken 6580 from the swapmeet, and sent it to Moto for a new replacement, but now that I got the replacement Im wondering wtf I can do with it? I can't load Force right?

Nothing you can do with it there is no exploits i know i have 3 of the fuckers i just use em to get online and scan if my main modem goes down lol I mean i suppose there are a few things you can do but nothing too major like neo said it all depends on what your looking to accomplish on your ISP however what number did you call to get support to check the warranty and shit after the arris acquisition of all Motorola cable based products the number i had stopped working
(30-05-2015, 06:53 PM)Ziricom Wrote: [ -> ]what number did you call to get support to check the warranty and shit after the arris acquisition of all Motorola cable based products the number i had stopped working

www.arrisi.com/consumer
Anyone know if I can do something as simple as upgrade the firmware on this beast?
According to the user manual only the ISP can do that; however my ISP (Comcast) service reps have no idea how to do that after hours on the phone and weeks of service dropping sporadically.
(02-06-2015, 11:53 PM)dryphi Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know if I can do something as simple as upgrade the firmware on this beast?
According to the user manual only the ISP can do that; however my ISP (Comcast) service reps have no idea how to do that after hours on the phone and weeks of service dropping sporadically.

Sure you can....what firmware are you on currently?
(03-06-2015, 12:32 AM)Ziricom Wrote: [ -> ]Sure you can....what firmware are you on currently?

SBG6580-6.5.2.0-GA-06-077-NOSH
(03-06-2015, 12:38 AM)dryphi Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2015, 12:32 AM)Ziricom Wrote: [ -> ]Sure you can....what firmware are you on currently?

SBG6580-6.5.2.0-GA-06-077-NOSH

ok so go download NET-SNMP and TFTPD32 install both unplug the coax from your modem go into your network settings set your IP settings as follows on your computer when it's plugged directly into the modem

IP Address: 192.168.100.10
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway:192.168.100.1

then launch TFTPD32 and put the attached firmware file into the TFTP Directory and then run the bat script (also attatched) and the modem should take the firmware upgrade. Reboot and it should be good to go
Awesome.
You think this will fix my sporadic drop issues?
Also, where did you find the firmware file?

By the way, thanks for providing Windows files/instructions, I haven't mucked around in Ubuntu for far too long.
(03-06-2015, 12:54 AM)dryphi Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome.
You think this will fix my sporadic drop issues?
Also, where did you find the firmware file?

By the way, thanks for providing Windows files/instructions, I haven't mucked around in Ubuntu for far too long.

I had the firmware file lol and i dont it well the sporadic drop issue is probably something else not related to firmware now let me know once you have the firmware file so i can take the link down and (DO NOT SHARE IT) lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6