Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Forceware programming on 6141
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry to even ask such a dumb question , but I'm trying to install forceWare-1.4b1-mod2 on a 6141 . I was told by a few people that I should install it on both UBFI1 AND UBFI2 .

I have UBSJTAGNT 0.76 .

I opened USBGTAG-NT , detected flash no problem.

Up top in Range I go to UBFI1 , file , open firmware then write.
Then I do the same process for UBFI2.

I reboot the modem and I only have the top solid light green , it wont try the boot sequence at all. I have tried with both the 6121 and 6141 .

I've been waiting for my usbjtag forum membership to be activated for the last month Huh so that's why I am not asking there.

If anyone could help it would be great.

Thanks
Did u get an IP ?
can you enter @ the webgui at 192.168.100.1 ?
It wont boot , or go through a boot cycle once I load UBF12
I just tried it again , I left UBFI1 alone and just put the firmware on UBFI2 and it wouldn't boot. Strange
I dont have the sb6141 but I had read that some people has problems with Froceware 1.4 on the sb6141, seems like you have to SSH the modem and verify if a MAC addy has been assigned to the the Ethernet port of the modem. If you have Access to SBH fórum you should read about this problem on the Forceware fórum.
yeah I have been reading for a few days , just can't seem to nail it . Ive flashed it pretty much every way you can think of .. each time I'm just left with that damn solid green light and nothing else.

I've asked a few people to share a full dump with me , they got all pissed off thinking I was going to use it for my own ISP , Thats exactly what I am NOT looking to do as I already have no own certs !!!
Does anyone else have any advice on this issue ? I managed to get full dumps with forceware and I'm still stuck on the upper top light.
I can't , I can't ping it on login to the web GUI
(19-09-2015, 03:20 AM)debug337 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't , I can't ping it on login to the web GUI

I just ran into the same issue as you, and I believe you have a bad modem, once you set the setting to boot online? it cannot assign an IP to the PC and cannot communicate to the computer, the problem seems to be that nvram runs out of space, and I believe there is something wrong with the SPI chip.
Are you using v1.4b1-mod2 --- not v1.4? This sounds like a problem see on v1.4.

Also, do you know that you have a non-corrupted firmware file?
Pages: 1 2