Haxorware Forums

Full Version: question about certs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone tell me if certs always remain the same ? I mean if i have a copy of certs before a modem is activated is it still going to be the same after the modem is been provisioned ?
its rare but they can change, reasons being certs have an expiry date so they need updating, other reason the root signing key leaks
YMMV as ISP set internal policies and OEM recommendation are referential.
(03-05-2017, 07:10 PM)doctor Wrote: [ -> ]can someone tell me if certs always remain the same ? I mean if i have a copy of certs before a modem is activated is it still going to be the same after the modem is been provisioned ?

If you want an exact clone of the modem post-provision, you should clone it after it's been provisioned. Certs and other data may change.
cm info changes whenever you bring it to a new node now, before it was never like that. If my friend brings a cm to my place and i dump it before i connect the coax i get a dump from his area once i connect the coax and then do a dump and do a compare theres all sorts of differences. Is this what you call Geo tagging?
(25-05-2017, 01:49 AM)doctor Wrote: [ -> ]cm info changes whenever you bring it to a new node now, before it was never like that. If my friend brings a cm to my place and i dump it before i connect the coax i get a dump from his area once i connect the coax and then do a dump and do a compare theres all sorts of differences. Is this what you call Geo tagging?

That's essentially what I just said.

Security has always varied by location, ISP, and the amount of Theft of Service in the region.

ISP's generally maintain location information on a modem (MAC/Serial) on the backend. It makes it easier to reference for other network functions.
I just finish reading some posts, damn your under fire. I had some arguments with you but this guy(s) just crossed the line. I guess a war has begun hopefully it doesnt spill into innocent threads.
(25-05-2017, 04:08 AM)doctor Wrote: [ -> ]I just finish reading some posts, damn your under fire. I had some arguments with you but this guy(s) just crossed the line. I guess a war has begun hopefully it doesnt spill into innocent threads.

lol it was pretty funny to be honest. i had fun. some people don't think rationally and have different morals. like i said there, i'm still gonna post ToS. Smile Angel