Haxorware Forums

Full Version: newbi question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,
i have time warner and rcn cable coming into my home. i am new to this pls if you can make some recommendations. would you buy 1.The Diagnostic SB5100 or 2.The Diagnostic SB5101 is the best docsis 2.0 diagnostic cable modem currently available. Flashed with Haxorware firmware The Diagnostic SB5101 is the best diagnostic cable modem currently available. Flashed with Haxorware firmware, the SB5101 possesses many more features than its older brother the SB5100.

Features include:

Haxorware Firmware

MAC Clone

Serial Clone

Config Change / TFTP Server Change

GUI BPI+/BPI Change

On the Fly BPI+ Certificate Generation

Static IP

SNMP Disabled

Diagnostic Suite

Fastest Processor Available
the difference is $5

i am also running windows 7 64 bit and i have a d-links router dir -601.

i would a appreciate your advice.
like i said i am a complete newbie and would also appreciate some links to learn how to flash and step by step instructions what to do.
i would love to learn about testing.
Thanks
download haxorware read instructions google
(not the site for step by step instructions because if you cant work that out you should not be using it)
(01-07-2010, 08:03 AM)drewmerc Wrote: [ -> ]download haxorware read instructions google
(not the site for step by step instructions because if you cant work that out you should not be using it)

thanks for reply. but witch one would you recommend?
(01-07-2010, 08:05 AM)bigbudha Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2010, 08:03 AM)drewmerc Wrote: [ -> ]download haxorware read instructions google

SB5101 or any modem based on 3349 chip with Jtag port.

haxorware is so far best soft, gives u plenty of options just by making check mark in the GUI.

With soft for 5100, u have to run some scripts to get the functionality of 5101, for newb or even average tester is cumbersome, and headache.
(02-07-2010, 05:20 AM)lacoster7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2010, 08:05 AM)bigbudha Wrote: [ -> ]

SB5101 or any modem based on 3349 chip with Jtag port.

haxorware is so far best soft, gives u plenty of options just by making check mark in the GUI.

With soft for 5100, u have to run some scripts to get the functionality of 5101, for newb or even average tester is cumbersome, and headache.

thank you for the advice.