Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Forceware weirdness on SB6121
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I recently acquired an SB6121 with forceware v1.4b1 installed. At the time of this happening, I did not have the coaxial connection installed yet; I applied the configuration via the web interface, saved/applied, and then I unplugged a good 5-10 minutes later, since I had to run out for a bit. Once I returned home, I attempted to log into the web interface, only to fail. I can still access forceware via SSH on the sb6121, however there is no web interface whatsoever. Is there a way to force a reset from an SSH session? Or will I have to manually flash via SPI?

Thanks!
Instead of putty/ssh open it with winscp and go to /xvram/fw/ and open forceware.cfg and check the line lanip=192.168.100.1 if it has a different IP change it to 192.168.100.1 also change auto_start=1 to 0
It sounds like you configured it wrong. AFAIK the webui is inaccessible when it's in online mode. So, if it's stuck in a loop in online mode, the webui is disabled but ssh is fine.

wichin's advice should let you back in.

Good luck!
Thanks for the fast replies!

So to assist in troubleshooting, here's the contents of forceware.cfg:
Code:
modem_type=SB6121                                
swdl_mode=0                                      
bpi_mode=1                                      
auto_start=0                                    
force_config=0                                  
conlog_mode=1                                    
lanip=192.168.100.1                              
ignore_dhcpnak=0                                
qos_zero=0                                      
docsis_filters=1                                
snmp_mode=1                                      
ds_chan_max=4                                    
us_chan_max=4                                    
cmstatd=1                                        
boot_check=1                                    
version=v1.4b1                                  
mfg_cert=Motorola

As you can see, the IP is still 192.168.100.1, and autostart is not enabled. Any more suggestions? I'm thinking about changing force_config to 1, just to see what it does. Oh by the way, I soldered on a pin header to the breadboard, just in case I have to go that route.
force_config=0 is force config disabled
force_config=1 is force config uploaded
force_config=2 is Force config from TFTP

Also try another Ethernet cable
Ethernet cord is good, just checked. Is there a way to reset to defaults via SSH? I want to try it, see what it does, maybe it will help?
Not sure if it's allowed, but I'm bumping this a bit; from where I bought the modem, the guy refuses to look at it or re-flash it, without charging a minimum. I started searching around on the internet a bit more in regards to finding documentation about the innards of forceware, but I'm not finding all too much that would help my situation.
bump for you.

Is there a command to reset forceware to defaults?

How did you configure it? forceware can brick for no reason or if you configure it wrong.

If there's a reset command that someone knows that might do the trick for you.

Otherwise, you'll need to reflash the device via JTAG? or maybe you can copy a dump via ssh into UBFI1/2?
Does anyone have a full 8 MB dump? Oh btw, I do have a stock SB6121 currently in use for my comcast subscription, so if I need to, I can dump that one and start from scratch. However, I'd rather not if I don't have to.

To answer your question quick, I configured it originally from the HTTP interface, and it saved without a problem. Grr!
(08-08-2017, 02:13 PM)zxa1o Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have a full 8 MB dump? Oh btw, I do have a stock SB6121 currently in use for my comcast subscription, so if I need to, I can dump that one and start from scratch. However, I'd rather not if I don't have to.

To answer your question quick, I configured it originally from the HTTP interface, and it saved without a problem. Grr!

Have you tried reflashing forceware?

You can configure forceware in any manner and save it (even incorrectly) and it won't stop you. So, you could have done something wrong, saved it, and ended up here.. kind of like programming in C/C++.

Angel
Pages: 1 2