Haxorware Forums

Full Version: BLACKCAT & 5101 PINOUT HELP !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i'v got a blackcat here and a connector block with 6 wires coming from it (where these 6 wires go on my JTAG i have no idea)
And on the PCB on the SB5101 it only has 7 pins soldered to the board like shown here

:...: <---- Ethernet port facing away from me & lights facing my stomach lol

can anyone confirm or show/post a picture of which way the wires go "sorry i cant provide pics as i'v lost my data cable off mobile:

BTW its a small paralel pcb with chip on type of JTAG

A little run through again....

1. JTAG/B.CAT
1.SB5101E with 7 pins soldered to it in this position :...:
1.Connector block attached to the 7 pins but ONLY the first :.... have the wires attached through the little black connector block cos this is the ONLY way it can go cos it has 1 of the pin wholes blocked if you know what i mean.

Now i have no idea where to attach the 6 wires that come from the block thats attached to the board go on the BLACKCAT/JTAG

If i have the Blackcat with the LPT facing right the 5 bottom pins have 12345 marked on a little sticker inside
And the top 5 have G.N.D

But when i attach the Blackcat to the board theres only these pins in use cos it only attaches 1 way as 1 of the blocks is blanked :...

I'm well baffled with this even though its my 1st attempt am not givin in like
look on the front case what 5101 is it (it could just say 5101 but also 5101e 5101u or 5101n)
also it should be a header numbered j201

[Image: IMG_2631.jpg]

i'd rather see a mock up in ms paint if you've no cam as that text pic makes it harder
also dont cross post i dont need to read the same shit twice
Its a 5101E (EuroDocsis)
Reason for double post cos i felt like i hijacked hes post and shouldnt of Wink

Heres a pic of the board the way it is.

Thats the way the pins are soldered on and where theres an arrow pointing theres also 4 pins soldered there,
as if a max232 can connect or something,

Like i say i'v never done a Sb but a dab hand with ambit Smile

J201 <--- pin header
[Image: sb5101.jpg]

yes thats the max port but you may need to change the bootloader with jtag and dont worry about the 3 missing pins as they are all ground (just like the pins to the left and right of the missing pins)
(13-09-2010, 08:09 AM)drewmerc Wrote: [ -> ][Image: sb5101.jpg]

yes thats the max port but you may need to change the bootloader with jtag and dont worry about the 3 missing pins as they are all ground (just like the pins to the left and right of the missing pins)

so if i want to flash the bootloader 1st then use the max232 how do i go about that Drew mate and i'll still need to know which way to connect these wires from the board to the blackcat wont i Sad

I'v tried loads of different ways attaching the wires to the blackcat from the modem but schwartz still doesnt recognise a connection or device (ie) blackcat Sad
if you want to be hardcore and try to do it without jtag http://www.sbhacker.net/forum/index.php/...vice-hack/

about fixing you jtag get a multimeter and look at the jtag schematics pics plug the wire into the modem and test the every connection is going to the correct place (pin 11 on parallel port should go to pin 1 on the modem, so on and so on) and that the signal is going thru fine

(14-09-2010, 06:48 AM)drewmerc Wrote: [ -> ]if you want to be hardcore and try to do it without jtag http://www.sbhacker.net/forum/index.php/...vice-hack/

about fixing you jtag get a multimeter and look at the jtag schematics pics plug the wire into the modem and test the every connection is going to the correct place (pin 11 on parallel port should go to pin 1 on the modem, so on and so on) and that the signal is going thru fine

That link doesnt work Drew mate,
I get this error message

[#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in.

I want to do it with my max232 & Hyperterminal but i STILL need to use the Blackcat to install a Noisy Bootloader,-

But i still dont know which wires from the board goto the blackcat order !!
i always get that you just then need to sign in (not useing the link in top right)

anyways its a script to unlock the console
you can also try
Code:
Tip: A quicker way to unlock console is:
-open terminal at 115200
-Now get a wire, connect it to gnd, and touch some times the Rx pin in the modem, moving it fast.
This will make some noise and unlock the same, but you will get more time as you won't need to change the COM speed again.
(15-09-2010, 08:06 AM)drewmerc Wrote: [ -> ]i always get that you just then need to sign in (not useing the link in top right)

anyways its a script to unlock the console
you can also try
Code:
Tip: A quicker way to unlock console is:
-open terminal at 115200
-Now get a wire, connect it to gnd, and touch some times the Rx pin in the modem, moving it fast.
This will make some noise and unlock the same, but you will get more time as you won't need to change the COM speed again.

I tried that HARDCORE thing mate and i did get some output through Hyper on 9600 baud rate but it was all gogly gook writing and no NORMAL 1'2 or P or take default !!!

Heres what i got when i start tapping "P" whilst scratching a wire over the RST pin/solder pal Smile
at 9600 thats all you will get try connecting at that speed on a p option bootloader you get the same
at 115200 you may not see anything untill it drops out to a cm> prompt

(i will add i have never done this, as i have never needed to as i always use jtag)
Pages: 1 2