Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Help Getting Started SBV6220 with OOL @ Brooklyn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to getting started on this after much loitering around and reading with fascination. I want to officially get started on this as a new hobby and will need much of everyone's assistance here.

So far here's my initial startup:
I'm currently subscribed to OOL in the Brooklyn area near Pratt Institute.
I have a SBV6220 but since I'm quite busy with school work I'll be purchasing a modified SBV6220
My school Pratt, is subscribed to the Ultra business service (speeds 0/0 (unlimited))

Now my question is, can anyone point me to a guide to get the modified SBV6220 set up and running online? How can I scan for configs and set it up so I can get the expected speeds? And any additional set-up requirements or information I need to familiarize myself with and learn?

Or even better...

Can anyone explain exactly how I can clone the HFC MAC and pull the config file from 192.168.100.1? I have a DHCP Sniffer and Force and Coaxthief. I don't know if I'll need anything else but please explain step by step on how to accomplish this.

Thanks so much
I did ask on the SBHacker forums but everyone there is too arrogant and selfish to help beginners out. Thought I should try here.
lol good point
but i answer 99% of the questions here and i do not know what OOL is or what modem is a sbv6220
plus you asked for a guide/step by step which is sbhacker territory
Drew is 1000% correct. We support Haxorware Firmware issues here. The SBV6220 is using Alpha firmware. If you have never done CLI input, I would say your over your head. SBH MEMBERS ARE NOT ARROGANT, but do not hold peoples hands either. The skill level for the 6220 is an advanced user. I would try to use a SB5101 first, as to get an idea of what the certain "features" of DOCSIS are.

BTW , OOL is fairly hard to test on now. And any users that are , will not post it "openly" as their ISP, OOL, will close/conteract that security flaw.

OOL, BTW, means Optimum On-Line

http://www.optimum.com/online/
(01-11-2010, 10:49 AM)ABMJR Wrote: [ -> ]OOL, BTW, means Optimum On-Line

http://www.optimum.com/online/

i wasted 5 minutes of my life trying to think what state OOL was
I have done CLI and am fairly advanced, just not in this particular area. All I wanted were at least references or links to tutorials where I can follow the directions in order to analyze and learn the process step by step.
Need help getting my sb5101 online went down few days ago need new mac willing to donate or trade