Haxorware Forums

Full Version: can't get jtag utility to detect my sb5101
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a jtag from when i used to test on dn receivers. So I found the schematics here for the motorola sb5101 (thanks rajkosto) and I soldered the jtag to work with the sb5101
Here are some pics
[Image: IMG00217.jpg]
[Image: IMG00218.jpg]
[Image: IMG00220.jpg]

Ive used tom's jtag utility and some other one. But i can't get either to detect it. Ive tried pressing it hard with one hand while detecting, Ive tried flipping the connection.

And nothing yet. Any Suggestions?

Thanks
i3en
if your not soldering the pins to the modem i find it helps to plug them in upside down (so the longer pins go thru the holes)

also use a multimeter to test if the connection is working on all pins
i did check with my multimeter and all the pins are working fine. I tried it upside down like you said with no luck. is there any driver needed? I did order a jtag cable from ebay it should be arriving today. So if there is anything wrong with mine that should fix it.
the included io.sys needs a 32bit version of windows (only other thing i can think of)
alright i got the cable in the mail. This one seems to work better but now i get
Read IDCODE: 0xfbffffff
Manufacturer: 0x7ff
Part: 0xbfff
Version: 0xf

that is in tom's jtag utility
Sounds/looks bricked.

Head over to SBH and read more there