Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Is this still possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My family downgraded from 300mbps to 150mbps. There's two modems in the house. One in my room, and one in the living room for the family. My old modem which was a Linksys DPC3008 and still had the old 300mbps config for a couple of months until I accidentally re-activated it through comcast which capped it at 150mbps. The other modem which was a Arris Surfboard SB6190 had 150mbps. I want to get back my old speed (300mbps) or even faster. Is it still possible?

I found an old SB6121 and I heard that you can install forceware on it. Or I could buy an SB6121 preinstalled with forceware on eBay. I understand it's not plug-n-play and that I need to change something or get a config from somewhere that I don't know of. What would I expect or how would I uncap my modem? I'm a complete newbie to this. 

Thanks
(o, I'm doing this for testing purposes)
out of curiosity, why did you have two modems? unless you had a specific need for two separate lines it seems like a waste of money.