Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Help! Forgot Forceware login password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, I forgot the password, the default Username/Password: "admin"/"force" or "sbhacker"/"sbh doesn't work. 

I searched for solutions and found a post:

SSH into forceware and run the following command (change "yournewpassword" to desired password)
Code:
Code:
hpasswd yournewpassword

Now take the results from the previous command and use it to replace the word "output_here" in this command and run it
Code:
Code:
echo "admin:output_here" >/nvram/fw/.htpasswd

Example
Code:
Code:
echo "admin:KdcE8nHjwFGB6" >/nvram/fw/.htpasswd

Now you can log in the WebUI with the new password

I know it's stupid to ask, but what does it mean to "SSH to forceware" and how exactly should I do?
Guys, how exactly should I Telnet or SSH into forceware to see/change the login password? I really have no idea where to start
(11-01-2020, 07:54 PM)popk3866 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, how exactly should I Telnet or SSH into forceware to see/change the login password? I really have no idea where to start

If you don't even know what telnet or ssh is, I doubt you 'forgot' the password as if it is not the stock password you likely don't have the technical know how to have changed it. I would presume that you're trying to unlock a modem which you aren't supposed to have access.

As to how... to ssh, use an ssh client.
(11-01-2020, 09:49 PM)occalifornia Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2020, 07:54 PM)popk3866 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, how exactly should I Telnet or SSH into forceware to see/change the login password? I really have no idea where to start

If you don't even know what telnet or ssh is, I doubt you 'forgot' the password as if it is not the stock password you likely don't have the technical know how to have changed it. I would presume that you're trying to unlock a modem which you aren't supposed to have access.

My bad, I shouldn't have said "forgot". I apologize. My question should be how to see/change the GUI password when someone has changed it. Could you please kindly teach me. I have spent hours finding solutions, some people say ssh it, telnet it, or read the password using Jtag, etc. I feel more like an idiot the more I read which makes me sad. 
(11-01-2020, 09:49 PM)occalifornia Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you know what's the username and password for SSH?
root and force