Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Questions on Modem FW
I got a modem from swapmeet. When I checked (192.168.100.1), the FW is hacked FW with different MACID, S/N, from the label outside the box.

Now if I want to call TWC for internet and do not want to rent their modem (2.50/mo), but using the one I bought.

Will TWC automatic change the FW and correct the MACID, S/N that was labeled outside on the box to make it work?

Thanks!

yes to firmware but no to mac but try something
go to bpi settings download the cm.cert open it with a hex editor look through it to find the mac
if its the mac from label your in luck just enter the mac from the label in the hfc mac page and reboot you should be good to go might want to change the spoof stuff back to stock also
Kornwood,

Thanks to reply to my post.

Please tell me more in details since I am new to this.

How do I go to bpi settings download the cm.cert?

and what do you mean by changing the spoof stuff back to stock? How do I do this?

Thanks again!
(13-09-2012, 08:52 AM)forfun Wrote: Kornwood,

Thanks to reply to my post.

Please tell me more in details since I am new to this.

How do I go to bpi settings download the cm.cert?

and what do you mean by changing the spoof stuff back to stock? How do I do this?

Thanks again!
What FW does your cable modem have? Can you attach a picture?
THAT WILL NOT WORK!

If the mac was changed w/o the corresponding certificates your modem will not even handshake correctly and even the ISP cannot force an authorization...

You need to get someone to send you some good nonvols and you need to upload a correct nonvol and uncheck disable firmware updates to allow the ISP to overwrite haxorware with signed firmware...