Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1 Gb/s SONET
A friend from Belgium sent me his latest seedbox connection. He has a 1 Gb/s connection that he pays 75 Euros a month. Un metered. I asked for him to send me his speeds in a screenshot. Also 2 TB of space and unshared..

I know nothing about seedboxes but those are some great speeds on the downlink 53 MB/s!! Thats a B in Caps. Thats over 400 Mb/s. Smokes DOCSIS 3 and 4

Its 1/Gb down and 1 Gb up..

Wow!!

[Image: 34eyixi.jpg]
Knowledge=Power
(14-03-2013, 01:50 AM)ABMJR Wrote: A friend from Belgium sent me his latest seedbox connection. He has a 1 Gb/s connection that he pays 75 Euros a month. Un metered. I asked for him to send me his speeds in a screenshot. Also 2 TB of space and unshared..

I know nothing about seedboxes but those are some great speeds on the downlink 53 MB/s!! Thats a B in Caps. Thats over 400 Mb/s. Smokes DOCSIS 3 and 4

Its 1/Gb down and 1 Gb up..

Wow!!

[Image: 34eyixi.jpg]

Holly crap! that's what i call lighting fast speed. Great share ABMJR.
To bad we don't have more of that here... I would still like to have fiber here and it could be free!!!

https://fiber.google.com/about/
(14-03-2013, 09:36 AM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: To bad we don't have more of that here... I would still like to have fiber here and it could be free!!!

https://fiber.google.com/about/

i'm moving to the west coast just for google's fiber...... Smile
I was just reading up on a new piece on google fiber..

They'll offer a 5mpbs connection for a onetime install fee of 300$ not bad for those who can't afford much and need a connection for the basic life things now. Research and communication.
Any faster and on a computer with a slower hdd and it'll be thrashing like crazy...lol Makes basic fios tiers look puny.
[Image: 1592540600.png]

Ukraine, Kiev, 1Gbit/s (UA-IX)
~18 USD (150 UAH) per month, last 1,5-2 years

service is called "Gigabit port", available from some providers, it cost 150 .. 200 UAH (18 .. 25 USD) per month,
for example (in russian, translate by google): lanet, triolan, etc.
Nice....

US ISP's will never do that. CC spent untold Millions going to D3 and all they accomplished was to price those speeds far out of reach of their customers. I would be willing to bet a months pay that if just 50% of CC's customers ordered a 50 Mb tier all at once that their system would not be able to handle the load! When I do get the rare opportunity to test nowadays I always do a node scan tosee what cfg's are being used and lately, all I see is an ocean of silvers and intenet essentials. THAT is why speeds have jumped up since the D# upgrade. No one will pay the high monthly fees for running a D3 cm to it's actual potential. Kinda sad to realise that....
it's more to do with how you/they do business those eastern europeans/russians would never lay cable and not use it
yet you americans have shit tons of dark fibre sitting there doing nothing (if what i have been reading is true)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Your correct
Knowledge=Power