Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring stock firmware on EPC2100r2
Dear mates,

I would need a little help here. I am at the point where i would definitely need some advices.

It's been a couple of years since i flashed my epc2100-r2 (spansion) with haxorware, for more options, better diagnostics etc, and it was working just fine. I will have to return the modem soon so i wanted to put the backup i created before messing around with modem. Here my trouble begins. The backup file got somehow corrupted; maybe in the backup process (but no errors came up then) or something happened later but the file is corrupted and it just doesn't work when i flash it back to the modem. Using parallel jtag i tried flashing it several time in a row but also without success. The backup i made simply doesn't work. I can flash it with haxorware with no problem at all.

I have also downloaded a stock firmware from the net (made as someone's backup) and i can flash it to my modem. But after doing it, web page shows MAC address and the serial number from the flashed firmware, not mine. I wanted to ask if it is possible to put my original MAC and serial to the modem, through the bin or later after flashing it with the stock firmware. I am not sure if its even possible so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!

Messages In This Thread
Restoring stock firmware on EPC2100r2 - by milanca - 26-08-2012, 12:24 AM