Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noisy Bootloaders for ARRIS D3 Modems (6182+)
Good evening everyone,

Looking for some help here from the community.  Some of you might remember me from the SBHacker days and I hope all is well.

I'm looking for some noisy bootloaders for the later docsis 3.0 broadcom modems. I have an SB6182 that I'm trying to flash either shelled firmware on or a noisy bootloader, at least. The 6182 bootloader doesn't allow me to select boot images via pressing 1, 2 or p during startup.  I tired flashing the 6180 bootloader on there for shits and giggles, but it refuses to boot with it.

I'll be posting how to get serial on that modem on the usbjtag forum, but if anyone is interested I'll post it up here, as well. I was playing around for a couple of days with my oscilloscope to find the correct points. I was also able to dump firmware if anyone wants them. I don't know what they are at this point, but I can let you know if there's any interest in it.

I know that I saw someone with some shelled firmwares and some fun orange modems, but I forget if they were 6180 or a 6182, I'll cross reference that with the usbjtag forum. If someone has 6183 shelled firmware and noisy bootloader, I'd be more than elated, as well!

Thank you kindly!

Messages In This Thread
Noisy Bootloaders for ARRIS D3 Modems (6182+) - by LkBurn - 17-07-2018, 02:56 AM