Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New arris modem 6141
Yeah it could be hardware change, or maybe since the black ones were already in an active docsis environment they stored some general settings somewhere that the whites dont have pre-configured. I'd lean towards hardware difference like madman suggested
(22-08-2017, 03:58 PM)modembricker Wrote: Yeah it could be hardware change, or maybe since the black ones were already in an active docsis environment they stored some general settings somewhere that the whites dont have pre-configured. I'd lean towards hardware difference like madman suggested

What board revisions (and unit colors) have you experienced problems with? I've seen V3 in white units and rarely V4's.

Were the units which we've seen problems with previously deployed or new?

more infoo

Based on the ToS ads I see, those sellers have no issue selling both white and black unit 6141s. See the attached sample ads from today!

Given I haven't see the issue personally but based on everything I have read, I would guess it is a software issue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is the one that doesnt work. Modem was new, not previously deployed.

https://ibb.co/g5ydHQ

[Image: Screenshot_2017_08_22_10_43_36.png]
(22-08-2017, 06:48 PM)modembricker Wrote: This is the one that doesnt work. Modem was new, not previously deployed.

Have you tried flashing a full dump from a working rev4 board?
Wanted to revisit this thread and report a new finding. I was cleaning my office and found another one of these Rev.4 6141 modems, so I thought, why not load the latest Aplha 4.0b1 file that we have here and BAM it fired right up, locked on all channels and was off and running.

So then I grabbed the dusty one that I posted a picture of here and loaded it the same, and BAM, off and running. So Im thinking it was clearly an issue with Forceware and the Rev.4 boards.
(31-08-2017, 03:26 AM)modembricker Wrote: Wanted to revisit this thread and report a new finding. I was cleaning my office and found another one of these Rev.4 6141 modems, so I thought, why not load the latest Aplha 4.0b1 file that we have here and BAM it fired right up, locked on all channels and was off and running.

So then I grabbed the dusty one that I posted a picture of here and loaded it the same, and BAM, off and running. So Im thinking it was clearly an issue with Forceware and the Rev.4 boards.

Thanks for the update!
(09-08-2017, 03:02 PM)modembricker Wrote: The odd thing I have learned is that for some reason the retail "white" 6141 often fail to lock whereas the company issued "black" modems lock every time, even with same certs.

from what i can see they have v7 has different tuner
(11-09-2017, 06:22 AM)markoco Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 03:02 PM)modembricker Wrote: The odd thing I have learned is that for some reason the retail "white" 6141 often fail to lock whereas the company issued "black" modems lock every time, even with same certs.

from what i can see they have v7 has different tuner

Where do you see this? What tuner is reported?
(31-08-2017, 03:26 AM)modembricker Wrote: Wanted to revisit this thread and report a new finding. I was cleaning my office and found another one of these Rev.4 6141 modems, so I thought, why not load the latest Aplha 4.0b1 file that we have here and BAM it fired right up, locked on all channels and was off and running.

Where can i find Aplha 4.0b1? I just found 1a alpha and was not able to upload config
(27-09-2017, 11:47 PM)cablehater Wrote: Where can i find Aplha 4.0b1? I just found 1a alpha and was not able to upload config

Alpha 4.0.1a it's the only version available rigth now.