Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Accidently Write/CFI Flash Using Haxorware
see this image it's all wrong, the hex should not look like that at all
[Image: ryDmj.jpg]
damn i wish i had a usb blackcat just to show you how it's wrong and what it should look like
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
so.... what can i do now? lol for real man, I thought if i messed up these things there's still a way to fix it, I'm wondering if i can use usbjtag to run with the blackcatusb hardware, because i saw some of them fix the sb5101 using a couple code by running usbjtag. So yeah. I dont know what else to do beside trying this and that googling everything. NO help
i think i have finally found the problem of why my modems got bricked the problem is i tried to use toms jtag on 4 modems and the minuet it started to write data to the modem all the lights went out and then i got nothing but cant verify ever block

how ever if i use the usb jtag everything goes just fine

with the usb jtag
i have noticed that the lights on the modem should stay on while flashing
and wait until the modem has compleatly booted before starting the flash
if the lights go out while flashing you have problems

i think that maby somebody isn't connecting the right pins to the right points on the plugs i purchased my printer port jtag cable on ebay

when all the lights go out there is nothing on this planet that will fix it i have spent months on the internet trying every posable debricking method and have pretty much come to the conclusion that if the power light doesn't come on the modem it is toast

i realy suggest that everybody trash you serial cables because unless you have successfully flashed a modem the cable is probably bad and will destroy your modem

and if you are reading this thread then that is exactly what has happend to you
Drew has a really good write up with a gif in it .
To flash the 2mb file flash that in cfi flash. You will want to use the newest black cat software version rc15 version 304 . If you don't have one there are plenty on the internet if you cant find one ill email you one as I have a few.
After that go to the 5101 tab and flash the 2nd row , the one at the bottom with hax39 . It should be the line that says escram or something like that. When its all said n done disconect your blackcat. If ya need any help pm me ill walk ya through it.
there is also a new flip version also. if you have a 1.8 BCUSB board you have a different chip. this comes from sbh but i am at work and can't direct link to their site (thanks IT guys, love ya don't mean it) here is the link for the new flip version though. the drivers are different.
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_...ol_id=3886
make sure you look at your chip really good and use the correct driver.
thanks for the advice to the new black cat i followed your instructions and still had no luck re flashing the modems but with the new software in hand and a fresh unmodified modem i used the memory button and backed up the entire memory then i did the same with the cfi/flash you have to have both or this will not work because they record to different lengths of memory then and this is critical to do this in this exact manner
first write the memory back to your bad modem then unplug everything and then replug it in then write the cfi backup then the modem will back to factory settings then you can install the new software with the sbs5101 tab i was able to restore all but 1 modem that i had given up on and thrown out i had to clean all the modems in hot soapy water because i poured hot oil and other junk on them in the garbage can so i am not shure if the last modem was because of the hot oil or it was realy toast before i threw it out

so now does anybody know how to get the data back from a backup using toms jtag using the serial cable because i backed up my working modem in tom's jtag but if i try to do a install in black cat i get a out of rang memory error
and i cant seem to get a newly flashed modem with haxoreware running i kind of think that my cable company did something to the whole system to keep these modems from working
(22-01-2012, 01:44 AM)Cindy Wrote: so now does anybody know how to get the data back from a backup using toms jtag using the serial cable because i backed up my working modem in tom's jtag but if i try to do a install in black cat i get a out of rang memory error
and i cant seem to get a newly flashed modem with haxoreware running i kind of think that my cable company did something to the whole system to keep these modems from working

just dump the nonvol out of your backup then use haxor's restore function to upload it to your modem
http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-9...ml#pid5188 (the commands are more or less the same in toms or you can just use the sbh_usbjtag program to extract the nonvol like i did)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
i realize this is kind of bordering on a new thread but it is still a off shoot of the original problem of using a improperly wired parallel jtag cable
i now know what the problem is with the cable there is no resistors in line to decrease voltage going to the modem

ok the theory was sound of the advice you gave me on software how ever when i tried the usb jtag software you advised apparently the drivers don't work with my black cat adapter i have a version 7.2 board
can you think of another piece of software that i can still enter manual commands into that will recognize the new adapter board

and i tried to put the non vol back using the haxoreware backup/restore and the other location none of them would accept the length of the bin ?

so since i have a stack full of modems to experiment on now,so i tried using my parallel jtag cable again and just as before it bricked the modem but at least i now know how to recover the stupid thing so until further notice the parallel cable is a no touch no use device

if this dosn't work i will be asking about the differences of all the ip address in haxoreware because i have used DHCPFORCE to find ip addresses and i am cluless as to where exactly to place the information because the labels are different of information between DHCPFORCE and the ip names on the modem ??? i am sure there is another thread some place explaing this but i cant find it

because i can get these modems to connect to the internet and they send and receive packets but i am not actually connected to anything it is very confusing because everything says working ok but it isn't is it possible that the cable company has actually found a way do defeat these modems

i used your link to mac changer i have changed the dms i just don't know what else to do