Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Replacment LEDs
Does anyone have specs on led replacements my understanding there rated by size 0603 0805 1206 SMD . Dose anyone know the correct spec ? Thanks for anyones reply s.

SB5100 , SB5101 , SB5120
it shouldn't really matter, the regular standard LED will work
[Image: 2qu0z8h.gif]
Try measuring them maybe? The sizes 0603 and 0805 are in 100ths of an inch. The size 0603 means that its 6/100 inches by 3/100 inches. So just try measuring the LEDs you have and matching the sizes up.
(16-03-2009, 07:18 PM)rajkosto Wrote: it shouldn't really matter, the regular standard LED will work

Thats a given but if they go out there must be a way to replace them. Iv seen some people add normal Leds but there has to be a close to factory spec.
for me, I changed the sync (online) LED to other color so that I can find out the status quickly.

I did not measure the size, just welding on and it lights.

If you would like the LED to have longer life; just adjust the resistor and measure the Ampère lower than 30mA(for most ø3mm and ø5mm LEDs) is fine. lower Ampère ; longer the life of your replaced LED.
Did the resistor effect how bright the led was ? Did you just add any led to the board or the factory type also is there a (+ & -) on the led . Thanks for any advice.

quote='cushion' pid='595' dateline='1237436689']
for me, I changed the sync (online) LED to other color so that I can find out the status quickly.

If you would like the LED to have longer life; just adjust the resistor and measure the Ampère lower than 30mA(for most ø3mm and ø5mm LEDs) is fine. lower Ampère ; longer the life of your replaced LED.
[/quote]
Do you have a multimeter?
[Image: fluke289.jpg]

use the diode mode to know the +/- (pls also ref http://www.sciencelobby.com/components/diode.html )

For the +/- onboard, see here:
[Image: ng4pyb.jpg]

Rgds,

(21-03-2009, 07:57 PM)0n3.m4n.4rmy Wrote: Did the resistor effect how bright the led was ? Did you just add any led to the board or the factory type also is there a (+ & -) on the led . Thanks for any advice.

quote='cushion' pid='595' dateline='1237436689']

[/quote]