Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientfic Atlanta DPC2100R2 Problem
Question 
Tried to use this and when I ran the batch file each command timed out. Yes, I did set the static IP properly, and was able to access the stock firmware via Firefox.

If it makes a difference, the stock firmware version is dpc2100R2-v2.0.2r1256-100324as which differentiates from the version mentioned in the instructions.

Thanks.
(13-11-2011, 07:36 AM)lupusarcanus Wrote: Tried to use this and when I ran the batch file each command timed out. Yes, I did set the static IP properly, and was able to access the stock firmware via Firefox.

If it makes a difference, the stock firmware version is dpc2100R2-v2.0.2r1256-100324as which differentiates from the version mentioned in the instructions.

Thanks.

Well, you strayed from the instructions, what did you expect? The method you used was mainly for firmware version "v202r1256-060303", but I have been successful with it on other versions as well. It is a hit and miss. The good news is that you can still flash it with the traditional method through jtag or serial.
(13-11-2011, 08:20 AM)Mordeth Wrote: Well, you strayed from the instructions, what did you expect? The method you used was mainly for firmware version "v202r1256-060303", but I have been successful with it on other versions as well. It is a hit and miss. The good news is that you can still flash it with the traditional method through jtag or serial.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, the traditional methods would require physically altering the device and necessitate external tools/cable (beyond the simple ethernet cable).
(13-11-2011, 09:06 AM)lupusarcanus Wrote: Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, the traditional methods would require physically altering the device and necessitate external tools/cable (beyond the simple ethernet cable).

yes you need a usb ttl cable but they are less than $5 on ebay

__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******