Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haxorware Sb5101 Can Only Use One Computer
yes that is correct, im really sure its about the cert, because back then it was working fine with router.
(14-11-2011, 06:39 PM)tonyduong15 Wrote: yes that is correct, im really sure its about the cert, because back then it was working fine with router.

Your problem has NOTHING to do with the certs. The certs were put in place by the manufacturer of the modem and has no connection with the ISP,etc.

(14-11-2011, 09:34 PM)Mordeth Wrote: Your problem has NOTHING to do with the certs. The certs were put in place by the manufacturer of the modem and has no connection with the ISP,etc.

I am not sure about that

Mordeth is right about the isp. They do not create the certs, they only verify it.
No I will not help you if only have a few worthless post on the forum.
Then what is the problem because before they change cert my modem was working fine with the router, now it only works with only one pc and the guy who did the modem for me even said that it only work with one pc and cannot go through router.
(15-11-2011, 04:21 AM)tonyduong15 Wrote: Then what is the problem because before they change cert my modem was working fine with the router, now it only works with only one pc and the guy who did the modem for me even said that it only work with one pc and cannot go through router.

Tony,

We are not psychics? You have to narrow down the problem(s) so that we can help. All you are doing is "crying" and not making an effort.

I highly doubt that you properly initiated the "mac cloning" option in your router? If you did....upload a screen shot of that page. Did you ask the modem "guy" as to the ACTUAL REASON as why you can only use it on one computer?

In the mean time, you can use the "Internet Connection Sharing" option if your OS is Windows based. You may need a PC tech to set it up for you, if you don't know how. This method is "old school", but it works and is rather straightforward.

READ this forum and learn how to use a jtag/serial connection to download and investigate your modem. Once you know how to use the jtag method, you can download the non-vol section and test it on another modem.
I do know how to use jtag I have a blackcatusb i used that to check out stuff in the modem, and flash it and whatever in it, and I did use another modem, everything exactly the same, it still only works with direct connection if through router it would stop working. The nonvol is the one in the flash tab? 2mb one? i have that you want to take a look heres a link to it.

[Image: 2zs0c4k.jpg]
(15-11-2011, 08:21 AM)tonyduong15 Wrote: I do know how to use jtag I have a blackcatusb i used that to check out stuff in the modem, and flash it and whatever in it, and I did use another modem, everything exactly the same, it still only works with direct connection if through router it would stop working. The nonvol is the one in the flash tab? 2mb one? i have that you want to take a look heres a link to it.http://www.mediafire.com/XXXXXXXXXXXXX

is it wise to public the link like that?
Well, your last posts proves it...lol...."Stupid is as stupid does". Edit your post and delete the link. You still did not answer the question about the "modem cloning"...proves my point. Just PM the non-vol link, and I will have a look. I don't feel like flashing the whole 2mb dump.

BTW, you don't want EVERYTHING the same, as that does nothing. You want to test JUST the non-vol in a freshly programmed Haxorware modem. If this results in the same manner, then extract the certs individually and test it out in another freshly Haxorware programmed modem.
(15-11-2011, 08:39 AM)Mordeth Wrote: Well, your last posts proves it...lol...."Stupid is as stupid does". Edit your post and delete the link. You still did not answer the question about the "modem cloning"...proves my point. Just PM the non-vol link, and I will have a look. I don't feel like flashing the whole 2mb dump.

BTW, you don't want EVERYTHING the same, as that does nothing. You want to test JUST the non-vol in a freshly programmed Haxorware modem. If this results in the same manner, then extract the certs individually and test it out in another freshly Haxorware programmed modem.

Interesting, I will definitely try that when I get home from school LOL i was thinking about that this morning before I left the house, but Ill give you the feed back when I'm done trying it out. Thanks