Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haxorware Sb5101 Can Only Use One Computer
okay so i guess this guy just wanted to make money out of me lol, he asked him if he has a modem that allow to work with wifi, he gave me another one and it works with routers. I copy the cert and w/e he has in there and it works. I guess its something about the baseline privacy.
(16-11-2011, 08:57 AM)tonyduong15 Wrote: okay so i guess this guy just wanted to make money out of me lol, he asked him if he has a modem that allow to work with wifi, he gave me another one and it works with routers. I copy the cert and w/e he has in there and it works. I guess its something about the baseline privacy.

If it was BPI related, you would have NOT been online at all. The only other instance, I have heard of modems only working with one PC, is back in the early days of cable internet when they allowed ONLY ONE PC to be connected to the modem to keep down the bandwidth usage. My guess is that the guy was using some old/ancient CONFIG bin file from back in the day with a cert from a basic speed mac address. Did you ever check it if "autoserve" was enabled. If so, I think my guess would be correct.
how do i check that autoserve on or off? where can i look into that?
(16-11-2011, 09:44 AM)tonyduong15 Wrote: how do i check that autoserve on or off? where can i look into that?

On Haxorware, there is a tab called "Config file", right under "Addresses", and on the "Overview" page the TFTP Filename and the Configuration file name should match (IF autoserve is disabled).
I am having the same issue. my modem was working with my router then one day its stop so i plug the modem direct to the computer and i got internet and then i try the router again and get the RR provision page. I also brought a new router samething. I try the mac clone setting on the router same thing the RR provision screen.
also on the RR provision screen it say MAC ADDRESS UNKNOWN?

any suggestions
it's the nic mac address it's seeing as unknown, not the modem
the ctms is using the nic mac as a simple form of security
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(01-12-2011, 08:14 PM)drewmerc Wrote: it's the nic mac address it's seeing as unknown, not the modem
the ctms is using the nic mac as a simple form of security

So what do i have to change in the router?

the clone mac option
__________________________________________________________________________________
(01-12-2011, 08:53 PM)drewmerc Wrote: the clone mac option
did that i put the mac address of my nic card. i did ipconfig and put the physical address in there and still no go

what about the nic of the modem your cloning? (i have still never been able to replicate this problem so as ever i'm guessing)