Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looking for answer regarding Certs
Ok guys here goes nothing, I started modding with haxorware and been trying to learn more about it but stopped for quite sometime since ive been very busy with life Sad but apparently the modem gave up! I know the new security has been implemented in our area ( socal midway city ) 2 weeks ago. Ill tell you what I understand so far and please assist me if you can, as ive been reading for a couple of hrs is that we need certs to be flashed to haxorware modem. I have sb5101 haxorware r39. correct me if im wrong. I need to go to a subbed modem and extract a full 2mb bin from a 5101 then extract the cert using the usbjtag program then flash it into my modded 5101?
All you need is the non-vol/CFG bin file. You don't need the full 2mb dump....just the "CGF" section/tab. Once you have it (size is 32KB), just use Haxorware's backup/restore function and uploaded it to the modem.
so the cert will come with the mac and everything that needed to run the modem right? so i can just put my haxorware modem back to default and backup/restore the modem it should work after that?

there are probably better better steps but that'll get you were you want to be
you could just extract the nonvol straight from the subbed modem and save some time but personally i'd still take a 2mb dump anyway so assuming your using toms jtag the commands i'd use to backup a subbed modem would be
Code:
detect
  getram 9fc00000 200000
  save cfg
  save 9fc00000 200000
the save cfg is your nonvol backup and the save 9fc is the 2mb dump
then using haxors webgui restore the nonvol backup
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I will need to take my laptop and my usb jtag with me to the subbed modem open it up and extract the dump right.. I donot need to flash anything onto the subbed modem? one last question does that modem have to match the 5101 modem that i have or it can be another model?
(15-11-2011, 02:08 PM)mo0mo0 Wrote: I will need to take my laptop and my usb jtag with me to the subbed modem open it up and extract the dump right.. I donot need to flash anything onto the subbed modem? one last question does that modem have to match the 5101 modem that i have or it can be another model?

Most any model with the BCM 3349 chip:

SB5101/E/i, SB5102/E/i, Webstar DPC2100R2, RCA DCM425, Ambit 250/255/256, Netgear CG814WGv2,etc
which version of usb jtag i need to download to be able to run command like stated above by drew? I tried to download bunch of different one but they seem like not working for my windows 7 computer.
no you wont have to flash anything. but whatever modem your planning on doing you should know everything about it first

the above is for toms and is more or less the same in usbjtag nt and blackcatusb its the cfi_flash tab and you click the read button
__________________________________________________________________________________
Yes im trying to learn all about them I was a contractor for TWC in socal anaheim, GG, and costa mesa system which they use sb5100, 5101, 5120, RCA, Ambit and Scientific Atlanta Not sure on those models I only know how to open the SB but we dont get them as often since they been getting in alot of the new SA but yes once I know how to do it I can ask a few of my old team mate to help me extract the certs I still know well over 50 guys in my old crew yet they dont know how to do until I learn then teach them =(
i find moto's are the hardest???? to open, torx screw and a sticker
my point being none are hard to open, SA's 2 philips screws under the back rubber feet no sticker
now the true trick is dumping without soldering for moto's i use long pin headers and lean them to the side for connection
SA's are harder due to the solder filled holes for this i made a mold out of hot glue, i just place on the moldon the bored and the pin header contained within the hotglue mold make conntact and it allows me to dump

tho for the record SA's certs can be dump via local snmp so no need to open them