Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DPC2100R2 HELP !!!!!!!!
(18-03-2013, 08:32 PM)huntingtonstation Wrote: anybody have blackcat usbjtag sofeware?

http://www.embeddedcomputers.net/products/FlashcatUSB/
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I know this is an old post but just wanted to know if I could get some help in regards to this same topic:

I'm trying to install the firmware through ethernet cable on a DPC2100R2 modem with v2.0.2r1256-121012. After I launch the DPC2100R2.bat file it says the following:

C:\>snmpset -v2c -c public 192.168.100.1 1.3.6.1.4.1.4413.2.99.1.1.1.2.1.2.1 s p
assword
Error in packet.
Reason: notWritable (That object does not support modification)
Failed object: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.4413.2.99.1.1.1.2.1.2.1

Press any key to continue . . .

C:\>snmpget -v2c -c public 192.168.100.1 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0
SNMPv2-MIB:ConfusedysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco DPC2100R2 DOCSIS 2.0 Cable Modem <<HW_REV
: 2.1; VENDOR: Cisco; BOOTR: 2.1.6d; SW_REV: dpc2100R2-v2.0.2r1256-121012as; MOD
EL: DPC2100R2>>
Press any key to continue . . .

Why it says it is noWritable and that the object doesn't support modifications.

Do I need to install something in the modem before this.

Thanks for you prompt help.
Downgrade the firmware to an older version. Then add hax and put your current certs on it. This will unfortunately require a jtag programmer.
(21-09-2013, 05:50 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Downgrade the firmware to an older version. Then add hax and put your current certs on it. This will unfortunately require a jtag programmer.

Thanks for your reply. The problem with this modem is the following. I bought it from someone that promised me free internet for at least a year with problems free. The only thing that I needed to make sure was to change the DNS adresses on my router so it wouldn't use the ones from the modem. He also told me that if I ever had a problem with it, he will fix it or give me a new one.

After just one month and 4 days, the modem stopped working and whenever I would browse to it with 192.168.100.1 address, the only tab that I was able to read the info from was the System tab and all the other tabs it would say "This feature has not been enable on this cable modem"(Pictures Below). I called the guy and he gave me a different one (Motorola SurfBoard SB5101 which has haxonware version 1.1 Revision 39 installed) this one works and he also let me keep the webstar DPC2100R2 (defective one).

Do you think if I use flashcatUSB software and hardware that I won't need a programmer to downgrade?

And if I still need a programmer, do you know of a guide with the needed programs and command lines so I can do it myself?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

LMAO

RX power level sucks and SN/R is garbage..

You shud be banned for TOS
Knowledge=Power
He sold you (and probably 10 others) a clone and a month later the CMTS either caught it or the ISP implemented CVC cosigning and you and everyone else are now screwed. USBJTAG NT, Blackcat usb, pjtag are all programmers. You can quite easily acquire one and flaqsh your two modems to your heart's content but getting them to work online is a totally different story. It is NOT easy and it will only get more complicated. You are wayyyyyy late to this hobby and there is no list of commands to get you by your ISP's security. It will be completely up to you to figure it out.
(21-09-2013, 07:17 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: He sold you (and probably 10 others) a clone and a month later the CMTS either caught it or the ISP implemented CVC cosigning and you and everyone else are now screwed. USBJTAG NT, Blackcat usb, pjtag are all programmers. You can quite easily acquire one and flaqsh your two modems to your heart's content but getting them to work online is a totally different story. It is NOT easy and it will only get more complicated. You are wayyyyyy late to this hobby and there is no list of commands to get you by your ISP's security. It will be completely up to you to figure it out.

Thanks a lot for your clarification. Idea
(21-09-2013, 06:49 PM)ABMJR Wrote: You shud be banned for TOS

wait a minute did he really take screen pics with a fucking phone? well now we have a real reason to ban
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
You can call me noob.
Also I know this is an old post.
And I read southernyankey1970:
"Downgrade the firmware to an older version. Then add hax and put your current certs on it. This will unfortunately require a jtag programmer."

But I would to know if something changed and if now we can make the upgrade (or the downgrade) on DPC2100R2 modem with firmware like v2.0.2r1256-100817as using JUST ethernet cable.

I just have a useless DPC2100R2 and I want to know how to use it!
If you have a jtag you do not need to downgrade the stock firmware. That is just for the 1 click flash proggy for those who do not have a jtag. (You CANNOT possibly do this hobby without some type of hardware to flash with IMHO)

The 2100r2 has a built in serial interface if you have a rs232 but I think you need to find the serial enabled bootloader...i don't remember.