Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
drewmerc got a question?
(31-12-2011, 06:39 PM)Bruiser Wrote:
(30-12-2011, 06:48 PM)GBABY4201 Wrote: drewmerc got a question?

Learn to use better subject lines.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Eric Steven Raymond

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Big Grin lol Big Grin
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Were you familiar with the famous Eric S Raymond essay?
Everyone should learn it. Live it.
Heh
Anyway, it's helpful to see it written down. How to get help on internet forums and avoid seeming like a dope.

ESR Wrote:Before asking a technical question by e-mail, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

1.Try to find an answer by searching the archives of the forum you plan to post to.
2.Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
3.Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
4.Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
5.Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
6.Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.
7.If you're a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these things first; this will help establish that you're not being a lazy sponge and wasting people's time. Better yet, display what you have learned from doing these things. We like answering questions for people who have demonstrated they can learn from the answers.

i'm drunk so ass mode is engaged, (sorry)

ESR Wrote:1.Try to find an answer by searching the archives of the forum you plan to post to.
haxorware.com's forum search is shit

ESR Wrote:2.Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
web search will bring up millions of pointless crap (ok i get round number 1 by adding site:haxorware.com to the end of my google search when searching haxorware but really i dont ever search haxorware)

ESR Wrote:3.Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
of the 2 official manuals that exist 1st is for the old 1.0 haxor version and the 2nd is nothing more that some wiki pages converted to pdf (with no real usable info)

ESR Wrote:4.Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
there is not one

ESR Wrote:5.Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
ok i got nothing

ESR Wrote:6.Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.
hahahahahahaha my friends are all fucking idiots

ESR Wrote:7.If you're a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.
no source code to look at

why am i answering this when it's not really aimed at me because it misses my only complaint and that is to write in at leased passable english and use a damn spell checker

__________________________________________________________________________________
Har Har Har
Happy new years! Woo hoo!
Drew...! Ja ja ja ja ja ja..! Nice Answers

Drew this link is just for you

bing.com/shopping/deals/circular?FORM=DEALCR&promo=RadioShack-111225&retailer=-99871&store=2403017&zip=17603
i love everone,, comeing with point less answers...that was a question for only one and like 500 respond to it..dumb..
i wood like to donate some money to you drewmerc for the help..
you seem to be the only one thats no's anything on here at all about the modems.. thank you..
(01-01-2012, 05:12 AM)datona53 Wrote: Drew this link is just for you

bing.com/shopping/deals/circular?FORM=DEALCR&promo=RadioShack-111225&retailer=-99871&store=2403017&zip=17603
link wont work

(01-01-2012, 06:46 AM)GBABY4201 Wrote: i love everone,, comeing with point less answers...that was a question for only one and like 500 respond to it..dumb..
i wood like to donate some money to you drewmerc for the help..
you seem to be the only one thats no's anything on here at all about the modems.. thank you..

please do i need a phone, lol