Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linksys BEFCMU10 V3
I am new at this and i am trying to flash my Linksys BEFCMU10 v.3 with Broadcom BCM3348KPB I have found a guide and I have been following it step by step and I am having no luck. I have connected a PL2303 USB To RS232 TTL Converter Adapter Module. I have opened telnet and selected my com port and put setting at bps: 115200 data bits: 8 Parity: none Stop Bits:1 & Flow Control: None, Then I had the ethernet cabled connected & set my ip address to 192.168.100.10 & set my gateway to 192.168.100.1 & powered up my modem. When I get done with this step my telnet windows stays blank.

I do not get any of these screens

[img][Image: 90717303.jpg] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

[img][Image: 47490143.jpg] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

press ‘p’ before the image decompresses. Press enter to bring up the
menu if it is not showing already. And press ‘i’ to re-init your modems IP
address to verify that they are correct. Your IP addresses should match the following
picture:
[img][Image: 43315360.jpg] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

* after the IP info is all set you can ping the modem from CMD prompt
and you should see the ICMP response in the telnet window if everything is working.

Now its time to transfer the new firmware to the modem..
Start up your TFTPD32
Server and be sure that SB5100MoD.1.0.4.Beta.bin is in the same directory as
TFTPD32.exe
Now in hyperterminal type ‘g’ to “download and run from RAM”
You will be prompted to enter the TFTP server IP address 192.168.100.10
And finally the SB5100MoD.1.0.4.Beta.bin
Then hit enter.
[Image: 63211681.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You will get a warning saying “Signatures do not match!
It will ask for a destination image. Select “1”
Are you sure….. ‘y’
Store parameters to flash? ‘y’
[img][Image: 22104846.jpg] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

after that you should have the modem rebooting. Do not unplug the power, instead goto your browser and enter 192.168.100.1:666 and this should bring up SB5100MoD
web configurator. Now with your TFTPD32 still running goto:
administration tab > Firmware Update and enter the TFTP IP and the firmware name
as shown below:
[img][Image: 22202496.jpg] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Click update.
Your FW should now be updated, you can now enter your personal configuration settings
into SB5100 MoDDeD BEFCMU10

Could you please help me I have been search and messing with this for hours. Thank You
R U sure you have Rx Tx at the right pins. Rx is closes the edge of board. I just dumped the full flash using the method you mentioned. check this post:
http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-1255.html
I have tried it over and over I press p while it is booting up but i do not get any Menus any suggestions
try using a different term program putty/hyperterm also try slowing the connection speed start at 9600
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I am sorry but i have tried this over and over I even followed the video down to the tee and tried to change the speed I have rechecked the wires over and over and they are all correct when I get to the telnet part the screen stays black nothing happens
what telnet program are you using?

you could be doing nothing wrong, you may just have a silent bootloader
__________________________________________________________________________________
Microsoft hyperterminal 5.1 and putty 0.62
beyond asking if you tested your stuff on a working modem i got nothing
did you check if com port is working. get a serial cable and touch pin 2-3, open hyperterm and type any keys and it should show the letter your typing.