Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB 5101 mod All lights SOLID Does not work PLEASE HELP!
there is a solution . back up your nonvol file . each time this happen apply bpi 1.0 save and go to upload the nonvol file it will give cert for the valid mac given and you will get back on line

WTF?

Why would you set it to 1.0? If your backup nv is bpi 1.1 and not modified there is no reason to set bpi to 1.0.
i was just reading and trying not that i know for sure what it means and that what happen i my case . my bpi was always disabled so my backup nonvol was on the set up disabled . till it went down after rebooting . i did read change o bpi 1.0 and hit on nonvol and i got it back . I'm not sure how to explain this . I'm new new newbie to this world lol my isp is RR in the us
(31-03-2012, 04:01 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: You mean all at once, right? Or do you mean it goes through the normal scan lock sequence and just wont give you an ip?

1 st thing would mean either bad power supply or corrupted flash most likely.

2 nd thing is your setup. W/O a telnet boot log it is impossible for us to correctly diagnose.

Yes all lights go and stay solid at once. After leaving the modem disconnected for a few days is working again. This is very weird. Is like it gets bricked and then after a few days without connecting power to it somehow resets itself and works again.

(01-04-2012, 08:49 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: there is a solution . back up your nonvol file . each time this happen apply bpi 1.0 save and go to upload the nonvol file it will give cert for the valid mac given and you will get back on line

WTF?

Why would you set it to 1.0? If your backup nv is bpi 1.1 and not modified there is no reason to set bpi to 1.0.

By the way when my issue happens the modem is not recognized by the computer so I can't change any settings.
Without a boot log I can't tell you if anything is off in your setup that might cause the CMTS to kick you off so I'm going to suggest that you reflash it. It might just be a corrupted firmware push from your ISP. If you do not have the original flash then i would suggest that you download both through the hax gui.

if the 2 mb backup from Hax does the same thing when you reflash it then you might try to use another stock moto dump and then just reflash the nonvol back over with the Usbjtag NT( IDK if Blindcat can just write nv's). Connect the coax...let it update with signed firm from your ISP...then you can put hax back on it.

This might also be caused by your ISP if they are trying to push signed firm and it won't take on the cm due to having firmware updates blocked in Hax...CC does this now. you won't get a valid IP until the firm is updated here.
(01-04-2012, 08:49 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: there is a solution . back up your nonvol file . each time this happen apply bpi 1.0 save and go to upload the nonvol file it will give cert for the valid mac given and you will get back on line

WTF?

MY BPI WAS NEVER 1.1 was disabled and was working like that for 2 years
LOL

I barely remember what it is to use 1.0. Well, you should have spent some time reading about 1.1 because now it is kicking your ass. It is actually extremely simple. If you can still force/serve cfgs then you are golden still.