Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 Running Rev 39 stopped working in SoCal area w/ telnet log.
(28-02-2012, 09:50 PM)ABMJR Wrote: I can almost bet, you never ever spoofed the 1st CPE device's MAC address AFTER?

Whether you used Lite or Diag, you still had the same HFC MAC. Just a new "shell" running..

The CMTS still see's you. You did nothing to change that.

Sigh...

I change all 3 addresses including the serial as well and do a save and reboot, then I randomize mac on router and connect it and try again. I've also hooked it up directly to the computer and changed the MAC through device drivers as well as SMAC.

What do you mean by 1st CPE device, is that the 1st device that uses the modem that they make an association to?
Correct...You ARE using good certs right?Or are u still trying to use a mac with bypass? Bypass is the very first thing to go when d3comes in...use a good set of certs and no bypass and set bpi to bpi 1.1.

BPI bypass....wow. i vaguely remember that mickey mouse shit. U could make up a mac and surf on that if i remember correctly..lol
(28-02-2012, 10:53 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Correct...You ARE using good certs right?Or are u still trying to use a mac with bypass? Bypass is the very first thing to go when d3comes in...use a good set of certs and no bypass and set bpi to bpi 1.1.

BPI bypass....wow. i vaguely remember that mickey mouse shit. U could make up a mac and surf on that if i remember correctly..lol

Yeah it's funny BPI Bypass was still working until yesterday. You still had to have a valid MAC, but you could leave it on BPI+ or Bypass and the bad certs worked. Guess it's good certs only now. I'm still playing with the cert software and I'm viewing guides on IpFullView, FastCert and BuzzCert etc. The working subbed modem is a CISCO DPC2100R2.
Welcome to actual testing...

Bpi just means that you can't swap macs. You need the entire cert/mac package...and they must be provisioned. For a few months you can just test clones, but after that you will actually have to know how docsis works and be fluent in telnet.It's comin...trust me. Welcome to the game. Freetards usually give up right here and just pay for it...lmao.
(29-02-2012, 12:04 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Welcome to actual testing...

Bpi just means that you can't swap macs. You need the entire cert/mac package...and they must be provisioned. For a few months you can just test clones, but after that you will actually have to know how docsis works and be fluent in telnet.It's comin...trust me. Welcome to the game. Freetards usually give up right here and just pay for it...lmao.

Yeah I know what you mean. It seems it's just about getting the right cert/key/chain combo that's been provisioned in the system.
It is not impossible unless you are lazy...which, btw, took out thousands of so called testers last year...lol. Good riddance!
(29-02-2012, 07:52 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: It is not impossible unless you are lazy...which, btw, took out thousands of so called testers last year...lol. Good riddance!

Btw found some info here: http://www.sbhacker.net/forum/index.php/...w-updates/

Looks like there might be enough info there to maybe pull off what AMBJR is talking about. According to info I found the script does something to allow access to the network by turning back on the br0 network interface. This means it doesn't lock you out and you get the dreaded 169.* IP . I think that's whats going on, but I don't know if this is still even relevant as some mention it only works in certain areas.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/cabl...cpe_or.pdf

http://docsis.org/node/308

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBieFU2dk...ata_player

bitemytaco will be miss

reading and reading just to find out what
is that lil trick
[Image: 3146374121.png]
If you know what the CMTS has for commands, and you can find most of this on their site, you can determine what command is needed after a certain message is sent and what the time frame to send this "new" command is..Small window and its not a documented command, but it is there..

I can say this, if your lucky enough to find it, you wont share it, as it would be fixed very soon. Those that know it, have their test modems "testing" on those CMTS's..

Good Luck!
Knowledge=Power
(03-03-2012, 01:28 PM)ABMJR Wrote: If you know what the CMTS has for commands, and you can find most of this on their site, you can determine what command is needed after a certain message is sent and what the time frame to send this "new" command is..Small window and its not a documented command, but it is there..

I can say this, if your lucky enough to find it, you wont share it, as it would be fixed very soon. Those that know it, have their test modems "testing" on those CMTS's..

Good Luck!

trust once I find it shall not be shared
looking at the Cisco website need to register ugh !!!!!
[Image: 3146374121.png]