Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with SB5101
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (my impression of abmjr when reading that post)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(04-04-2012, 10:24 PM)drewmerc Wrote: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (my impression of abmjr when reading that post)

Yeah, I figure.
I know I am out of place here, I know that I know next to nothing when it comes to this. That is just all I have on my paypal at the moment.

Okay, so I know I have to enter a mac into the sniffer. obviously I can't use mine since it's locked correct?

My mothers boyfriend, knew the same guy and his internet is still working with a modem similar to mine with haxorware on it.

Can I use his mac to enter into the sniffer?
Also, which mac am I looking for? The HFC, USB or ethernet?

I have tried entering mine and macs come out but I don't think those are it, since they have no config file. so I assume I have to use a working modems mac right?
Look...YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR HELP if you just study it. It's not easy but you don't have to be a Cisco Engineer to do this (it couldn't hurt, though!!) No matter how legit you're being, offering that on here is just a big red target...lol. just read for a week and you'll see it's not impossiible.
(04-04-2012, 11:08 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Look...YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR HELP if you just study it. It's not easy but you don't have to be a Cisco Engineer to do this (it couldn't hurt, though!!) No matter how legit you're being, offering that on here is just a big red target...lol. just read for a week and you'll see it's not impossiible.

Thanks for the advice, I will remove the whole payment thing.
I am still reading everyday, there is just a lot of shit that seems to be outdated.
I will keep researching though, thank you.
Smile

Any help or tips is appreciated as always.
The basics are all the same. You need a mac that will at least connect to the cmts. It will ask your modem some questions and if it likes what it hears you get to get an ip...if you really want to do this you will HAVE to read enough to come off like you are willing to learn and i know you will get lots of help from other testers and it won't cost you a dime...
(04-04-2012, 11:42 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: The basics are all the same. You need a mac that will at least connect to the cmts. It will ask your modem some questions and if it likes what it hears you get to get an ip...

Okay, yeah here is where I am at.
I can't use my mac address anymore since it's locked out. Stop me there if I am wrong. xD

I am using the DHCP sniffer, to find macs with config files since I read that you can get the certs needed as well out of the config file.
In order to do that though,
I would need a mac of a subbed or working modem correct?
The question I have is, if my mothers bf has the same kind of "hooked up" internet on a modem similar to mine, I can use his mac to search for other working ones correct?

I know that it's not just mac that is needed, from what I am reading. From what I understand ,I would need a valid MAC, and certs in order to get on line with TWC? I am still looking into a lot of this and am pretty entertained with learning these basic things.

I hope this isn't a bother, since I mean reading all the other posts from people that need help can't even put the effort into replying with actual sentences. I am devoted to fixing this issue and I plan on continuing to look around.
(04-04-2012, 11:48 PM)ijumanji Wrote: Okay, yeah here is where I am at.
I can't use my mac address anymore since it's locked out. Stop me there if I am wrong. xD

I am using the DHCP sniffer, to find macs with config files since I read that you can get the certs needed as well out of the config file.
In order to do that though,

you don't get certs from a config file (they are in the modems rom but if lucky you may get they via snmp)

(04-04-2012, 11:48 PM)ijumanji Wrote: I would need a mac of a subbed or working modem correct?
The question I have is, if my mothers bf has the same kind of "hooked up" internet on a modem similar to mine, I can use his mac to search for other working ones correct?

yes (you could also dump his modem and use his certs for a bit of testing)

(04-04-2012, 11:48 PM)ijumanji Wrote: I know that it's not just mac that is needed, from what I am reading. From what I understand ,I would need a valid MAC, and certs in order to get on line with TWC? I am still looking into a lot of this and am pretty entertained with learning these basic things.

I hope this isn't a bother, since I mean reading all the other posts from people that need help can't even put the effort into replying with actual sentences. I am devoted to fixing this issue and I plan on continuing to look around.

no bother, it's just we end up writing and writing the same simple things over and over again, which just makes the real good stuff hard to find (and if you cant find it, thats your problem not ours)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
lol

if you can't use macs...u can't use "his mac" to do anything(except at his house)...His area is prob not bpi yet as yours undoubtably is now...
Well I was on the wrong foot as I can see, I apologize. I will keep looking through the previous posts/threads.
Thanks for the help.
lookyou need the certs that came with the mac/modem. this is in the nonvol. you need one from another cm that has not been tampered with. This will get you to the isp page.This is where you would serve/force a cfg if your isp still allows that....most do not anymore. the thing is for most isp's now you need a provisioned nonvol to get anywhere unless you have telnet knowledge. I would really hate to start this hobby now as it is a total pita to learn when no one trusts anyone anymore....