Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoCal TWC - Riverside Area Change 5/17/12
He's usually right though! His bedside manner blows but he knows his shit! Deal with tha attitude and keep reading and you'll eventually become a 1% tester...It's all posted for you. The 4 line telnet hack? Who gives a shit....A real tester does not need it!

LEARN BPI+ for Christsake's ....It is not rocket science.
So for BPI+ I need full certs from my CISCO DPC2100R2 (dpc2100rx-v202r1256-110513Uas-TWC) and the only way to get this is to JTAG into the modem, am I right?

I thought I would save the time of having to buy a jtag and learn that route by flashing the Cisco modem but guess my firmware is too new for it to be flashed, well at least with the two tools posted at sbhacker.

EDIT: Your 4 line telnet mention made me think harder so I found some commands to run...

cd non-vol
cd docsis
bpi_version 0
write

cd non-vol
cd docsis
enable bpi false
write

cd non-vol
cd docsis
enable bpi false
bpi_version 0
enable bpi true
write

cd non-vol
cd docsis
enable bpi false
bpi_version 0
enable bpi true
write

Tried all 4... no luck. So Im still back to thinking my only option is to jtag and get the certs.
correct...til clone detection is implemented.
Gotcha thanks.

Anyone in the SoCal area (Riverside) want to get the certs out of my modem for me? $200 cold cash and a cold beer to whomever can get er done.

I asked Time Warner if they would allow me to use the SB5101 and they said yes and just need the mac, also confirmed BPI+ in my area. If their just authorizing my mac how the heck are they working with bpi+ and co-cvc...etc because of course it doesnt work currently using a legit provisioned mac from my leased modem.

All this simply because I need to be able to get new ips without having to manually power cycle the modem.
What did I say that was wrong? I wasnt meaning to be rude...Greekdad, remember about a month ago you wrote how easy it was to get on-line? I said, your in a no security area. Well...now your not. Not easy is it now? Your post is somewhere here..Let me find it..

Here it is....Go read all the replies...

http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-1533.html

I want you to remember this quote you wrote

Quote:Finally for my specific area I had to change BPI from 1.1 to 1.0 and poof I was online using the modded modem! This step took me about 2hrs with ZERO prior experience or help, just using a bit of common sense and trial and error.
Knowledge=Power
(18-05-2012, 12:59 PM)ABMJR Wrote: What did I say that was wrong? I wasnt meaning to be rude...Greekdad, remember about a month ago you wrote how easy it was to get on-line? I said, your in a no security area. Well...now your not. Not easy is it now? Your post is somewhere here..Let me find it..

Here it is....Go read all the replies...

http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-1533.html

I want you to remember this quote you wrote

Quote:Finally for my specific area I had to change BPI from 1.1 to 1.0 and poof I was online using the modded modem! This step took me about 2hrs with ZERO prior experience or help, just using a bit of common sense and trial and error.

You didn't say anything wrong. Guess its time for me to start learning more. I literally spent 14hrs the other day reading these two forums, trying different settings...etc with no luck so yeah was kinda frustrated. I remember you said it was an "easy" fix so I thought maybe it was a setting but didn't realize you meant I need to jtag into my other modem to get the full certs.

I'm still very curious, TWC says I can just call them with a new mac and they willl allow the sb5101. If they just authorize a new mac how do they know what my certs are and co-cvc firmware...etc, wouldn't they need to flash/modify my modem to work in the new security?

The easy fix is easy for jr...lol.

they arent simply typing the mac to authorize the cm...it goes through an automated authorization pocess. If the mac has been changed, he certs will be bad unless it ia full copy of the original modem. The isp overwrites your firmware with theirs
The MAC on the modem had better have its "born-at-birth" virgin VeriSign Certificates, if not, this wont work
Knowledge=Power
http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-672.html

READ THAT!
(18-05-2012, 05:17 PM)ABMJR Wrote: The MAC on the modem had better have its "born-at-birth" virgin VeriSign Certificates, if not, this wont work

Makes sense. Anyway I can verify this?