Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
clone stock dpc2100r2 to stock dpc2100
I tried everything I can do but still no luck. Updated windows and ran Softjtag and still getting error. It says connection established and then error comes up. Modem is connected to Max232 and i'm using DB9 cable. If I use putty to login it just shows chipset model and some 12 or 13 digit numbers. And after that it happens nothing. I also tried Console unlock but it does nothing.
Any ideas? I guess by some how the bootloader is missing or something else?
Thanks
okay you have exhausted all rs232 parameters at this point...get a jtag of some sort and revive that thing already!
Tossed my modem and ordered sb5101. And now I have Sigma bootloader and haxorware firmware saved. When comes to flashing, is serial flashing with Max232 just enough or I have to go through some other procedure? Also Please guide me towards the right direction how to get online after flashing. Newbie here....please be nice......
Thanks
You can flash with serial no problem, but if/when your modem gets bricked(and it WILL!) you need a jtag to fix it. At least get a Blindcat usb - for 35.00 it will make your life sooooo much easier if you plan on testing for awhile. It's point/click and it takes about 20 seconds to flash a 51xx compared to 20 minutes on a pjtag. If you know that you are hooked and you know that you are gonna test until they pry your cm out of your hands then cough up 60 for a usbjtag nt and never look back.
Thank you guys for quick responses. Btw, is NT enough for doing all tasks like debricking, flashing or as a whole NT is the only item that I need to play with my cm?
Got ya. So, now for 5101 do i need flashcat or NT besides 232? which I already got...Oh btw i'm planning to play with couple of modems.
Thanks
(19-07-2012, 05:00 AM)forcerip Wrote: Got ya. So, now for 5101 do i need flashcat or NT besides 232? which I already got...Oh btw i'm planning to play with couple of modems.
Thanks

last i remember blackcatusb or flashcatusb was really bad with debricking 5101s. BUT that was a long time ago the software might have been updated.
(19-07-2012, 04:05 AM)Tropical Wrote: If Your A Dedicated Tester Eventually Your Going To Want To Move On To Something Else Such As Cable Boxes, Xboxs And More. If You Are A Dedicated Tester Then Go With A NT If You Just Simply Was To Flash One Or Two Modems Go With A Flashcat.

(19-07-2012, 04:55 AM)Tropical Wrote:
(19-07-2012, 04:51 AM)forcerip Wrote: Thank you guys for quick responses. Btw, is NT enough for doing all tasks like debricking, flashing or as a whole NT is the only item that I need to play with my cm?

NT Is Great For Debricking, Flashing, And More. But If Your Only Going To Flash/Debrick A Modem Or Two, A FlashcatUSB Will Do Just Fine.

this is good input..

thank you Tropical
You guys are awesome and this forum rocks...... Thanks you guys....I have ordered fresh sb5101 and should arrive shortly. Now, i'm just eager to know if I can flash it straight with serial without other tools or I need to have usbjtag nt or flashcat to flash sb5101? Btw I already have 232.... Or just 232 is fine to flash sb5101?
Thanks
buy this one the best and cheap to use on that dpc2100 and sb5101

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffered-JTAG-de...3f1249605d