Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not really a newbie...but really need some help
Not sure where to start from, I am not really a newbie... For some reason my old Username on this forum (from 2009) does not work anymore. I first used an sb5100 in 2008 and then used sb5101 which after the security update also went down. So I used the test modems for total 4 years successfully on my subbed line just to get more speed 30/2.
I am subbed to twc ny (ELink) for more than 10 years now! Never disconnected my service even when my diagnostic modems were working great. Still subbed to them (using their RCA DCM425 modem) and paying about 45 a month. But only getting 10/1 which is not enuf for my current setup and twc now wants about 80 a month for just 30/5 which i think is outrageous.
So I just got another diagnostic sb5101 with Hax 39 and now need the help of experienced guys (like most of you here on this forum) to get me online again! Thank you guys in advance.
I have been reading a lot since last week and found some useful info here.
With this premod modem the guy also sent me a CD with a cfg file, what is that file for? Do I need to open my sub modem or can I use fastcert to get the certs?
Sorry guys if I have asked too many questions.
why not contact your seller and ask him
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Well, as expected, he didn't bother to reply. That is why I am here at this forumRolleyes
regarding for this hobby, i have never paid anything to anyone.