Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dcc arrive new sb5100 issues
hello guys, newbie here

seems that my sb5100 has been having connectivity issues as of late. in the logs i have see that i tend to lose connectivity when the instance "dcc arrive new" shows up. i searched the forum and it seems that this guy here had a similar issue but i dont think he resolved it.

while searching google i came across disabling bpi through telnet but that just rendered my modem useless and had to enable it back to get connectivity. should i try disabling bpi+?

my isp is TWC and im in nyc.

thank you for your help.
You may need to upload certs to the modem. If your using a old firmware such as Sigma its not going to happen you may use a stock dump and modify it.

(25-09-2012, 08:38 AM)wildacex187 Wrote: hello guys, newbie here

seems that my sb5100 has been having connectivity issues as of late. in the logs i have see that i tend to lose connectivity when the instance "dcc arrive new" shows up. i searched the forum and it seems that this guy here had a similar issue but i dont think he resolved it.

while searching google i came across disabling bpi through telnet but that just rendered my modem useless and had to enable it back to get connectivity. should i try disabling bpi+?

my isp is TWC and im in nyc.

thank you for your help.

(26-09-2012, 05:35 AM)dragonlord7791 Wrote: what you need to do is using sb5101 whith haxorware,or one original firmware in the sb5100
i got this issue for long time,and the only fix it was that i tell you above
it work s for me

not sure i quite understand what you said here.
(26-09-2012, 05:45 AM)wildacex187 Wrote:
(26-09-2012, 05:35 AM)dragonlord7791 Wrote: what you need to do is using sb5101 whith haxorware,or one original firmware in the sb5100
i got this issue for long time,and the only fix it was that i tell you above
it work s for me

not sure i quite understand what you said here.
Did you make an original back up of your 5100?
If so, then reflash you modem, and start over.
what are you using, Blackcat, usbjtagnt?
DCC is mandated by the CMTS...

DCC=Dynamic Channel Change. Done after registration

Usually to move a D2 or lower CM to a "pool" of channels for them...thus staying away from the D3 channels and the bonding..Allows the D3 tier to have the most B/W (on-demand) and is isolated from the majority of CM's (D2's and lower)
Knowledge=Power