Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
snmp disabled
(30-09-2012, 08:41 PM)rbtlong Wrote: have u tried Disable IP Filters on startup? it worked for me, but im running pretty slow . . . . if anyone can help please pm or post a new thread thanks plz.

Remove your signature with the shitty speed. You will look smarter.
(30-09-2012, 08:30 PM)torro32 Wrote: "Disable IP Filters on startup" is the cm_filters off and that command is active. However filters are still active. I believe that during registration there is no traffic through telnet port 23. There is only snmp through 161, right?
So we have a new oid that overrides "cm_filters off". Solution would be to watch the registration process on 161 and compare it with your cmts on whom you can snmp. That oid will eventually show up.
Same theory with telnet. Find me the registration process on the isp with the cmts from who you can telnet into other modems and compare with the cmts that has telnet enabled. Secret oid will eventually pop-out. Of course if there are still active cmts in the world from whom you can telnet.
On the beginning of uncapping era it was possible to telnet just fine into other modems. Now we can't although cmts can. So there are some filters deployed.

That is just the theory, but to tell you the truth I don't have the time any more to do that all, it is so time consuming.

Yes everything has been secured... even snmp

Could be that or that the nmaccess is now filtered through the specific mac. In that case that oid needs write community string to be able to specify that mac. Same thing with the telnet but quite possibly different oid.
cm_filter telnet removes only the IP filters in the config file. But what about if it's filtered through the mac?

Does this make any sense?
(30-09-2012, 08:41 PM)rbtlong Wrote: have u tried Disable IP Filters on startup? it worked for me, but im running pretty slow . . . . if anyone can help please pm or post a new thread thanks plz.

dis ip filter does nothing on cc...

Your problem is that your ISP CMTS has identified your modem as Party Crasher and you will not get past the red velvet ropes! Try another test setup from a different area close to you but not too close and see what you get. Your current mac addy is now on the Asshole log at the CMTS so if I were you I would try something else immediately!