Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Need Help With Docsis + Certs Please Guys
(18-10-2012, 09:52 PM)Box3r Wrote: thats the ip for telnet , not the command to push F/W from VM

You asked for the command for telnet not what command to use in telnet
so is my best bet looking for undocumented telnet cisco commands ?
ive found the command to PUSH F/W

dload -f -i 1 192.168.100.10 firmware.bin

but how do i find out what the firmware.bin should be to what i need to receive ?

AMBJR.

ive read a couple of posts about you , you are a genius with telnet and Docsis , and you would like people to learn stuff themselvs instead of it being done for them , but stuff like this isnt easy to come by and find out what information you need
You CANNOT telnet a push anymore. The TFTP server is only triggered during a successful handshake process. The older material from 2 years ago is confusing as D3 upgrades have changed the game considerably. you have lots of testing to do before this stuff starts to make sense to you, problem is, w/o a successful handshake....there is no way to really test!

Confusing, huh?
you can still telnet in my area , my brother has recently just done it , will not tell me anything about it i get pretty much the same info as u guys give me lol , how do i find out what firmware file is called what i mean ?
(19-10-2012, 02:23 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: You CANNOT telnet a push anymore. The TFTP server is only triggered during a successful handshake process. The older material from 2 years ago is confusing as D3 upgrades have changed the game considerably. you have lots of testing to do before this stuff starts to make sense to you, problem is, w/o a successful handshake....there is no way to really test!

Confusing, huh?

you mean you have to solve the problem of the hand shake, before trying anything else?
M8,

In the past, the CM (cable modem) had the upper hand and could 'tell" the CMTS/UBR what to "offer" and allowed the CM to have access to the Network. This is no longer true. The only time the CM is able to take the upper hand is for a few seconds during the handshaking process while in TELNET. Once a few steps are done, this command is no longer useable, as you have passed that step during registration.

There is nothing , except for a command, to do now with the CMTS.

Knowledge=Power
(19-10-2012, 04:57 PM)ABMJR Wrote: M8,

In the past, the CM (cable modem) had the upper hand and could 'tell" the CMTS/UBR what to "offer" and allowed the CM to have access to the Network. This is no longer true. The only time the CM is able to take the upper hand is for a few seconds during the handshaking process while in TELNET. Once a few steps are done, this command is no longer useable, as you have passed that step during registration.

There is nothing , except for a command, to do now with the CMTS.

If we knew the exact time to apply x or y command during the handshaking process, you could use any command described in cisco? example "show cable modem" or one specifics commands

Thanks.
No..

The TELNET command is done with haxo Diag, and at a certain time..

Once the CM is given the Co-CVC and F/W push, it is "provisioned" in the eyes of the CMTS. Then, you take the CM off-line and re-flash Haxo Lite..

This command is "Un-Documented", meaning there is no Documentation detailing it. Only the Whitepapers of the developers have it
Knowledge=Power
(19-10-2012, 06:01 PM)ABMJR Wrote: No..

Once the CM is given the Co-CVC and F/W push, it is "provisioned" in the eyes of the CMTS. Then, you take the CM off-line and re-flash Haxo Lite..

This command is "Un-Documented", meaning there is no Documentation detailing it. Only the Whitepapers of the developers have it

What do you mean (you take the CM off-line and re-flash Haxo Lite ..) disconnect to ac or coax cable. reflash via telnet or black cat.?

Sorry for so many questions and thank you for taking your time to explain
(19-10-2012, 07:21 PM)piposarcade Wrote:
(19-10-2012, 06:01 PM)ABMJR Wrote: No..

What do you mean (you take the CM off-line and re-flash Haxo Lite ..) disconnect to ac or coax cable. reflash via telnet or black cat.?

Sorry for so many questions and thank you for taking your time to explain
Then, you take the CM off-line and re-flash Haxo Lite.
There are 2 versions of Haxo!