Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
sb5101, good certs/mac, but CVC Validation Failure?
(16-12-2012, 08:19 PM)supak111 Wrote: Anyone have nay though on the question above? Wouldn't ISP see the 9 digit serial number as too short and block the modem right away?

serial number will not matter. it is the certs that matter. If you have a problem with CVC then its just and easy fix as long as you have a prov cert. send me your email i teach you how to do it.
email sent, any help would be appreciated.
Please take it easy on me, what I don't know I try hard to learn it.
[/quote]

serial number will not matter. it is the certs that matter.
[/quote]

the serial number will matter for alot of isp's

serial number will not matter. it is the certs that matter.
[/quote]

the serial number will matter for alot of isp's
[/quote]

Dude. stop spreading hearsay man. test it yourself. Dont believe what you hear test it and find out.
Lol
You don't know what my node has for security
If you did you wouldn't say much come over here
And try it because you will then shut up after a good
Set of certs stop working if you change any number in the serial number
It comes on but then when a nms station checks me out
I get kicked off if I leave it alone they leave me alone
I can't block the nms cause will get kicked then too
So stop accusing me of hearsay
(19-12-2012, 03:01 PM)kornwood Wrote: Lol
You don't know what my node has for security
If you did you wouldn't say much come over here
And try it because you will then shut up after a good
Set of certs stop working if you change any number in the serial number
It comes on but then when a nms station checks me out
I get kicked off if I leave it alone they leave me alone
I can't block the nms cause will get kicked then too
So stop accusing me of hearsay

LOL. If you dont know how to bypass it then you are the problem. It's just an easy fix. My method works with Xfinity, Atlantic,TWN, cable vision and so on and so forth. You just dont know how to solve a simple problem. LOl.
my simple solution is to get the correct serial number when i get the certs
It's different everywhere now. Test and see what works.That is THE MAGIC FIX!!
UNKNOWN, you are a God send! Please teach me as well, Master. I am willing to learn, I promise to be an obedient Padawan and use the Force for good! Seriously though, I've got a SB5101 rev39 and all lights become solid till it reaches "ONLINE", blinking, then it restarts. I truly believe the problem is as you say with the certs, I just don't know how to change them. Btw, this modem was working fine earlier this year until recently. I would love for you to teach me but only if you're ok with it. Thanks for reading this.

Forgot to add... I'm in the NYC area, using Cablevision Optimum Online and I've got a sb5100 put away that I used previously till I replaced it with my SB5101. Is it plausible that I may extract the certs (as you mentioned) from the sb5100 and apply them to my SB5101; in essence making it work again? Please forgive me if I'm incorrect. I'm passionate to make this work and learn from you geniuses. Smile
Customer-premises equipment or customer-provided equipment (CPE) is any terminal and associated equipment located at a subscriber's premises and connected with a carrier's telecommunication channel(s) at the demarcation point ("demarc"). The demarc is a point established in a building or complex to separate customer equipment from the equipment located in either the distribution infrastructure or central office of the Communications Service Provider.

CPE generally refers to devices such as telephones, routers, switches, residential gateways (RG), set-top boxes, fixed mobile convergence products, home networking adaptors and internet access gateways that enable consumers to access Communications Service Providers' services and distribute them around their house via a LAN (Local Access Network)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******