Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5101 Telnet write issue
I have a 5101 in which im using telnet commands via IP Fullview v5.4. Under cm/NonVol/CM SNMP NonVol, i issued the command sysName to change from SB5101 to sysName DCM425, which wrote the change without a problem. Using the sysORDescr command to change out Motorola will not accept and write the change, ex. sysORDescr Thomson. After issuing the command to write this new value, the old value just displays, "sysORDescr.1 = Motorola Cable Modem SNMP Agent Capabilities Statement." Im not sure about the .1 that appears after the read command for the original value. Im here looking for a solution to this appearing to be read-only value, which I dont really believe. If anyone could direct me to or state an alternate command to make this chane, I would appreciate it. Thanx in advance.
(Some statements are redundant for clarity).
Seems something was added by the CMTS to the heirarchial OID?
Hmm

Look at this..Not sure

sysORDescr.1 = STRING =The SNMP Management Architecture MIB.

I am looking into this..tells me we have lower values for things in that OID...
Knowledge=Power
just hex edit the damn thing, i really should try these ideas first
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
LOL...Yep..Hex edit would take 30 seconds..
Knowledge=Power
Thanx for your input. I will give it a go with a hex editor when I return home this evening and then post a response indicating yeah or nay to my efforts.
Had some problems. Used some generic type Hex editors. Made the necessary changes per this forums instructions in the 2048KB Flash using a HEX editor. After making the changes and saving the file, I wrote the flash using a BCUSB, pcb v1.7 with BC v281 and it bricked the modem. I re-flashed to correct the brick, then used a different Hex editor, repeated my changes then saved and wrote the flash. Once again I bricked the modem. I then created a copy of the original then opened that copy with the Hex editor and made no changes and then saved it with a new file name. I then wrote this unchanged copied flash, and the modem bricked once more, determining that it is either the software or the format I chose to save in. Instead of going to search for newly updated Hex editors, I decide to seek additional advice from the experts here at Haxorware.
winhex is my hex editor of choice (even when using linux)
and the 1 tip i can give is copy the hex not the text

Attached Files
.rar   WinHex.16.8.SR.9.rar (Size: 2.45 MB / Downloads: 37)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******