Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do isp's block configs?
Guys now m in Candyland i can use any config any speed etc...

wat i wanna know is if they want to implement dynamic config etc md5 checks... do they hav to upgrade their CMTS or they can just configure it?
(09-04-2013, 08:02 AM)mohitomish Wrote: Guys now m in Candyland i can use any config any speed etc...

wat i wanna know is if they want to implement dynamic config etc md5 checks... do they hav to upgrade their CMTS or they can just configure it?

Depends on the CMTS model, if it supports new security specifications, lets say BPI+... If it does, the HW should remain the same, probably they have the latest updates (SW)... but they are lazy or haven't been in the urgency to implement such means.

As soon you get some craiglisters in your area, or you start spreading the word with all your little friends that you have awesome speeds, the TTL of candyland will be shorter... Nevertheless, the end shall arrive
I agree totally with the above...IT WILL ARRIVE eventually. It always does in the end! Do you have Docsis 3 yet? If you do then they can totally, completely, lock their network down with 4 or 5 choice sec features and you would be done for! Quite effortlessly, I might add. They can do it on d2 specs as well.It sounds as if your ISP is relatively small and very lax in security...enjoy it while you can.