Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A little help to the new guy..
Brick 
Where to start?
Well I currently have brighthouse ISP which belongs to RR in florida.

They gave me a WebStar DPX2203 modem to provide for the internet service of course paying..

I have a SB5100 with MoD firmware on it which I used to spoof the MAC of the webstar modem to see if i was able to get the CM file, but to my surprise it seems like this provider is encrypting the file since the name comes out to be: TFTP Config ?BHEfFl435vd2z5ccbvultR567g - <<--- I know right ??? So obviously I cannot download the CM and use something like DiFileCPE to change the CM file. I also get an Error message saying 0x041D2C1C Configuration File CVC Validation Failure which for what I have read in the forum looks to me like it might be the certificates ?

I tried changing from DOCSIS 1 to 1.1 and also enabling and disabling the BPI and BPI+, but no success at all.. <<-- big surprise..

I downloaded a few tools from here like: FastCert v0.3, SNMPRape v1.1, even CertTxT v1.0; but which modem do I have to obtain the certificates the webstar or the SB5100 ? Also how can I know which range I have to scan ? cause scanning 16.7 million ip address will take ages lol 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 ...

When I scan with DHCP Force for some reason it doesn't get any MAC nor any info at all..

What do I need to make this work? Any tips or ideas will be greatly appreciated.!!! Thanks in advance
Anybody? Has any idea or any tips that can help me out?
No need to post the whole cfg file name...easy for the isp snoops to track it down. DHCPForce has to be used directly connected to the modem...no router in between. Check that your firewall/windows is not blocking it from connecting.If you're getting cvc then you cannot use non webstar certs as the cmts will see it when it snmp walks the hardware to give you the signed firmware. Try webstar firm and change the certs you have and see if the cmts will accept that.dont forget to change your nic mac addy first.
hello ....and yes i have the same problemmmm for 5 month allready , my speed right now its 0.74mb.....i have try spoofing the firm...and nothing...
im in california.....also around here 5100 not working anymore.....please any help...
ty