Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newby
hi, guys

i did install haxoware lite in my modem sb5101e and my question is do i need to generate any type of certificate to get my modem online or it will work by just changing my hfc mac from one of another area also i did scan some MAC's in my area, my cable provider is TW and im willing to trade.

Thanks
generating certs hardly works at all anymore, you need valid certs in this day and age
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(25-03-2014, 09:38 AM)drewmerc Wrote: generating certs hardly works at all anymore, you need valid certs in this day and age

ok what i read so far is this about of how to obtain the valid cert

ESTO ES DE SBHACK
The cetificados exist to prove that it really belongs to this MAC modem, do not you understand? It's simple. All modems shipped with a MAC, which in theory should be unique in the world, something which we know does not work so well, and also come with a digital certificate signed by Motorola MAC stating that he belongs to that modem. So if you install a custom firmware any (Haxorware, SBMod, Sigma, etc ...)[b] and perhaps will change the MAC address of your modem, you're automatically[/color] invalidate the certificate[/b]. This certificate can not be in any way "edited" because any bit that is changed with it becomes invalid as well.

so far i install haxoware and i change he hfc mac of my modem, base on this text i just mess up my sb5101e, because i change the mac of the modem also notice i didnt get the fulldump of flash of the modem before install haxoware

there is any hope to obtain a valid cert with fastcert, or do i have to re do the entire process again of re installing the official firmware or put it in factory mode or something, also if anyone can provide any step by step tutorial i will gladly appreciated.

i will copy the link of the text is paste it maybe useful to someone
http://www.forocable.com/foro/archive/in...50947.html
look in the filemanger page of hax and see if it saved a copy of the original when you changed the mac...you might get lucky!

Here....

Attached Files
.bin   nonvol.bin (Size: 32 KB / Downloads: 43)
(25-03-2014, 10:31 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: look in the filemanger page of hax and see if it saved a copy of the original when you changed the mac...you might get lucky!

Here....

ok i did download the fullflash and the novol.bin from my modem but how do i know if is from the original file ? and also with which program can i open the bin file?
(25-03-2014, 10:31 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: look in the filemanger page of hax and see if it saved a copy of the original when you changed the mac...you might get lucky!

Here....

I used the cert downloader but my certificate could not be open by the program, then i used yours and works ... .. ?

i have a question if i do change my mac to the original mac of the modem could that fix the mistake ?

well i change the my hfc mac to the original and download reset the modem download the nonvol.bin and do the cert downloader this time the cert downloader didnt give an error!

Attached Files
.zip   Cert Downloader.zip (Size: 12.62 KB / Downloads: 60)
No...

as explained above,as soon as you change the mac you destroy the certs. Haxorware should make a backup copy and save the original (or maybe that only happens when you upload certs through the BPI page...i forget) changing the mac back will not revive the certs. You can download the individual keys in BPI page once you have restored the nonvol with a valid, unmodified one.

Look in the file manger page and see if it lists anything.
(27-03-2014, 02:25 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: No...

as explained above,as soon as you change the mac you destroy the certs. Haxorware should make a backup copy and save the original (or maybe that only happens when you upload certs through the BPI page...i forget) changing the mac back will not revive the certs. You can download the individual keys in BPI page once you have restored the nonvol with a valid, unmodified one.

Look in the file manger page and see if it lists anything.

roger that,

another question, i been trying to obtain certificates with fast cert 0.3 i did scan my entire subnet but nothing came out, i been reading in the foros about the program is block by almost all the services provider then i did try to obtain another program and i get fastsnmp i used it and i get a few results but it wasn't what i was expecting also the results came in a excel file, can you give me any other recommendation of a program the maybe could help me on that.

thank